Join our Small Team in a Big Role
Based in Vancouver, BC, EightSix Network is a job marketplace that connects leading employers with talented job seekers in the hospitality industry. We’re focused on creating innovative and intuitive tools to make the hiring and job seeking process effortless.
Why work with us?
- A great opportunity to innovate, build, test, and deploy cool new recruiting tools. We’re open-minded, we take risks, and we don’t have all the answers; we’ll be looking to you to bring your own ideas and ways of solving problems.
- A startup attitude with an established company. As an integral member of our small team, your contributions will have big impact on the direction of our company and you’ll be joining us to help us take our next big step. We work hard but we preach a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible hours and time off.
- The ability to work remotely. We have daily Slack video calls and we’ll meet a few times a month, but you’ll be able to work wherever it is you work best.
- A full time role and competitive compensation. We value your work and your time and we’re happy to show it. Our success = your success.
As our team’s full time technical lead, you will turn compelling concepts into well-designed features that improve our software as a service platform. You will collaborate with a small team to build software based on stable and scalable code that emphasizes high-quality user interaction. From prototype to production and deployment, you will have ownership of the development cycle to ultimately bring our team’s vision to life.
An energetic, professional, dependable, entrepreneurial, innovative, out-of-the-box thinker who loves to code and has a flair for design. You want to play an integral role in developing a great product and growing a small but well-established company. You take your work seriously but you love a good laugh.
- a minimum 2 years of experience designing and developing large scale web applications with a particular focus on Ruby on Rails
- excellent design and communication skills
- experience with Ruby, Rails, ActiveAdmin, Heroku, Bootstrap, AWS, Stripe, WordPress
- working knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO best practices
- experience working in an agile product development environment
- digital agency or startup team (especially your own!) experience is an asset
- SaaS experience an asset
- degree in Web Development or Computer Science is preferred but not required
- be creative & strategic
- be a resident of Metro Vancouver with access to a home office or private workspace
- be available for daily Slack video calls and bi-weekly meet-ups
- work a flexible 30-40 hour full time work week
- receive a competitive compensation package including a winter holiday break in addition to 3 weeks vacation time to start
This is a wonderful opportunity as an “early” hire of an established company uniquely positioned in the market and poised for growth.
How To Apply
If this sounds like a fit, please apply by emailing your resume, a brief description of your background/experience, and your salary expectations to email@example.com. If you have a Github profile, blog, or other online projects, please include those URLs too.
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!
About the Author:
The fastest, easiest way to find a job in hospitality and retail in Canada. View Jobs