Image: CDC | Unsplash
The coronavirus has devastated many industries over the last month, but few have been as hard hit as the restaurant and hospitality industries.
Below we’ve organized some helpful resources for restaurant industry staff; you’ll find links to more info on COVID-19 and some details of available government support.
COVID-19 Quick Links:
If you are feeling ill and want to learn about the symptoms of COVID-19 or if you would like to do a self-assessment, check out the Canada’s Symptoms and Self-Assessment page.
The federal government is stepping up to help Canadians through this crisis with a number of new initiatives:
- For students or recent grads, the federal government is placing a six-month interest-free moratorium on the repayment of Canada Student Loans.
- Temporarily increasing the Canada Child Benefit
- New one-time special GST Credit for low-modest income families
- Extending the tax filing deadline to June 1, 2020
- Working with banks to provide mortgage payment flexibility
- New Canada Emergency Response Benefit to support those who are sick, quarantined, unable to work or unemployed but aren’t eligible for EI
- For those who are eligible for Employment Insurance, apply for EI
The provincial governments also have their own programs and initiatives to help those impacted within each province.
- British Columbia COVID-19 resources
- Alberta COVID-19 resources
- Saskatchewan COVID-19 resources
- Manitoba COVID-19 resources
- Ontario COVID-19 resources
- Quebec COVID-19 resources
- New Brunswick COVID-19 resources
- Nova Scotia COVID-19 resources
- Prince Edward Island COVID-19 resources
- Newfoundland and Labrador COVID-19 resources
- Yukon COVID-19 resources
- Northwest Territories COVID-19 resources
- Nunavut COVID-19 resources
Be sure check back often as we’ll update this list as more information becomes available.