Posted 4 days ago
Celebrity chef Akira Back has opened his first Canadian namesake restaurant, Akira Back, in the Bisha Hotel Toronto. Akira Back is renowned for blending Japanese cuisine with Korean ingredients and flavours.
At Akira Back, we believe our guests visit us because of our originality, humility, authenticity and commitment to excellence who are focused on providing guest-centric hospitality and memorable experiences to each and every guest.
Reports to the General Manager, you will be responsible for creating a positive guest experience that begins with a proper greeting to influence the guest’s first impression. You are a critical member of the team, and will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to ensure a positive first and last impression.
Night-time Duties & Responsibilities
• Create a positive guest experience that begins with a proper greeting and engagement of the guests
• Update and maintain Open-table to confirm reservation arrived, provide notes to server responsible for guest with accommodation requirements, update Open-table with notes provided by server with regards to guest preferences
• Efficiently maintain and organize restaurant by managing guest flow, maximum seating capacity and communicating with all employee
• Communicate with Servers, Bartenders, & Managers to maintain proper guest flow throughout restaurant
• Communicate with bar team to ensure all bar tabs are transferred to guests’ table.
• Escort guests to their table, engage them in conversation and seat them accordingly
• Accurately take reservations and modify guest status on open table
• Posses a working knowledge of the restaurant trade area (i.e. location, surroundings, attractions, or directions)
• Ensure front entrance, host stands and surrounding areas are fully stocked and free from clutter and debris
• Know all table numbers and maintain awareness of which servers are in each sections
• Ensure bathrooms are adequately maintained by completing checks regularly throughout shift
• Follow all food standards & systems
• Other duties as assigned and required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 1-2 years in similar premium high volume environment
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Proactive anticipating guest needs
• Have a high attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to work in a fast pace environment
• Team player
• Passion for hospitality
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Date Available: February 4th, 2018
Compensation: Hourly rate + tips
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Thomas Letanneur
Contact Position: Assistant General Manager