Posted 12 days ago
Ancora Waterfront is coming to West Vancouver and we are looking for a Bar Manager.
We are seeking the perfect blend of technical skill and charisma in a Bar Manager to open our brand new venue in West Vancouver and lead our establishment to its potential. This position will report directly to the General Manager, but will be given room to exercise creative freedom and leadership.
• Preparing weekly orders and ensuring inventory can meet demand
• hiring, supervising and training staff
• ensuring beverage costs are controlled
• ownership of the design and implementation of the beverage menu
• all aspects of the efficient operation of the bar and staff scheduling
• ensuring that labour costs are controlled via proper scheduling
• performance of inventory counts in conjunction with finance
• being a part of the bartending community and representing the restaurant at special events and in the media
• a self-motivated, dynamic individual
• at least 2 years previous management experience in a similar fine dining atmosphere is a benefit
• comprehensive knowledge of beverage costing and inventory control procedures
• wine education is an asset
• a passion for mixology and the industry is a must
• organized, efficient and reliable
• excellent oral and written communication
• detail orientated and able to motivate and coach staff
Please submit your application by email. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Available: January 14th, 2019
Compensation: Excellent Salary and extended benefits
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Steve Edwards
Contact Position: General Manager
Ancora’s mission is to embrace the harmony of Peruvian and Japanese
cultures while incorporating the bounty of the West Coast.
Originally opening its doors in the summer of 2015, Ancora False Creek in downtown Vancouver has received numerous awards and accolades. Ancora Ambleside is going to be an extension of the original and will be West Vancouver’s best waterfront restaurant.
Ancora's mission is to embrace the harmony of Peruvian and Japanese cultures while incorporating the bounty of riches the West Coast has to offer. Ancora's cuisine manifesto is hinged on sustainable seafood, while sourcing local and international ingredients, and draws inspiration from its Pacific Northwest surroundings. Understanding the city's dining evolution has inspired Ancora to create a menu that accommodates all of its diners' culinary desires, combining flavours and techniques which embrace several diverse cultures in a modern, yet approachable setting.
Ancora Ambleside's dining space was designed with soft modern lines that embrace the warmth and richness of the city’s waterfront landscape. The interiors feature a subtle mix of soft blues, sand-inspired neutrals and light woods to thoughtfully reflect a gentle, coastal feel, and a serene but sophisticated style. Gorgeous fishnet-inspired crystal chandeliers were imported from Italy, along with custom-colour premium leather furniture sourced from Europe.