Posted 4 days ago
Manager / Job Description:
The Manager will report to the General Manager. The person will need to be comfortable with busy high-quality dining operations, managing multitasks as well as have strong interpersonal skills.
• Ensure excellence in the standards and practices of the operations on the floor during restaurant services
• Ensure high performance, creativity, and profitability while maintaining overall excellence and hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
• Organize and complete (when needed) including but not limited to: updating menu and line up notes, the creation of floor plans for servers and others, employee check-in, employee checkouts, beverage stocking, and other side work
• Assist in the wine program and inventory.
• Maintain effective and timely communication to all FOH/BOH and HO team members.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods
• Ensure excellent service and hospitality is provided for all guests, community, vendors, and investors
• Continuously provide support to all service staff and actively participate in the cycle of service as needed
• Ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies, and procedures
• Adhere to all Ancora procedures as it pertains to personal appearance, attendance, and conduct
• Complete all assigned administrative requirements accurately and on time
• Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies
• With the help of the accounting team, ensure all invoices are correctly processed on time
• Continuously build a high-performance team
• Manage the scheduling of employees when needed
• Continuously train, mentor and develop the service team
• Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary
Date Available: March 17th, 2019
Compensation: Excellent compensation and extended benefits
Other Positions: Sommelier / Wine Steward
Requirements: OpenTable Experience, Serving It Right, WSET Level 1-3, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Steve Edwards
Contact Position: General Manager
Ancora’s mission is to embrace the harmony of Peruvian and Japanese
cultures while incorporating the bounty of the West Coast.
Originally opening its doors in the summer of 2015, Ancora False Creek in downtown Vancouver has received numerous awards and accolades. Ancora Ambleside is going to be an extension of the original and will be West Vancouver’s best waterfront restaurant.
Ancora's mission is to embrace the harmony of Peruvian and Japanese cultures while incorporating the bounty of riches the West Coast has to offer. Ancora's cuisine manifesto is hinged on sustainable seafood, while sourcing local and international ingredients, and draws inspiration from its Pacific Northwest surroundings. Understanding the city's dining evolution has inspired Ancora to create a menu that accommodates all of its diners' culinary desires, combining flavours and techniques which embrace several diverse cultures in a modern, yet approachable setting.
Ancora Ambleside's dining space was designed with soft modern lines that embrace the warmth and richness of the city’s waterfront landscape. The interiors feature a subtle mix of soft blues, sand-inspired neutrals and light woods to thoughtfully reflect a gentle, coastal feel, and a serene but sophisticated style. Gorgeous fishnet-inspired crystal chandeliers were imported from Italy, along with custom-colour premium leather furniture sourced from Europe.