Posted 28 days ago
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Currently in its 56th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage the Bartending staff team is responsible for providing guests of the Backstage Lounge with efficient and friendly beverage service.
We are looking for friendly, outgoing people who have a have a track record of providing a high level of service in a restaurant and bar setting.
This is a part-time variable position where the successful candidate will be required to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts.
This position falls within the UNIFOR, Local 3000 Union.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Four (4) years Bartending experience in a high volume environment.
• Extensive knowledge of wine and cocktails
• Proven cash handling abilities
• Ensuring that all daily and weekly tasks are completed
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Friendly and outgoing
• Ability to make a wide variety of cocktails
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work efficiently in a busy restaurant environment
• Ability to handle cash and complete cash out duties
• Ability to communicate effectively with guests and colleagues
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure positive guest experiences with every guest.
• Fulfill beverage orders for Servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Participate in and foster positive team relations with Servers, fellow Bartenders, other department teams and management.
• Follow all Provincial and local guidelines for responsible alcohol service; Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
• Prepare and present drinks in a consistent and efficient manner and according to policies and legal requirements.
• Maintain a clean bar area, ensuring bar top continually wiped, cleaning up spills immediately to avoid slipping hazards.
• Follow sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of bar areas.
• Restocking the bars for product.
• Check the draught beers/pop dispensers to make sure they are filled and in working condition and restock as needed.
• Take initiative and be creative in resolving guest challenges and concerns.
• Other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
Wage: $16.84 per hour
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Application Deadline: until position filled
We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Arts Club Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hiring decisions are based solely on the merits of the candidates and needs of the “Society”.
Date Available: September 30th, 2019
Contact Name: Lacey Schumann
Contact Position: Human Resources Generalist
The Arts Club Theatre Company operates the Backstage Lounge on Granville Island which is part of the Granville Island Stage. The Arts Club Theatre Company is Western Canada’s largest professional theatre company. This not-for-profit charitable organization produces and presents year-round at three venues—the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage, and Goldcorp Stage—as well as on tour throughout the province.