Posted 21 days ago
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 56th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout BC.
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage and supervised by the day and night Bar Management Team, the Arts Club Theatre Company seeks cooks/prep cooks for the Backstage Lounge.
This is the perfect job for someone looking to gain experience in a professional kitchen. You will be part of a team prepping for food service in the kitchen at the Backstage Lounge. We are looking for friendly, outgoing people who are willing to help ensure we keep delivering the highest standards of quality, food safety and cleanliness.
This is a part-time variable position where the successful candidate will be required to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts.
This position falls within the UNIFOR, Local 3000 Union.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Food Safe.
• Must have two years’ experience working as a line cook.
• Proven ability to work in a team environment and able to handle multiple demands.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Attention to detail in the preparation and presentation of food items
• Ability to take direction and execute instruction
• A love of food and the culinary arts an asset
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Preparing food in a fast paced high volume atmosphere.
• Maintaining and restocking kitchen.
• Opening and closing duties of the kitchen.
Wage: $15.37 per hour plus gratuities
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Open until filed
Date Available: October 1st, 2019
Contact Name: Lacey Schumann
Contact Position: Human Resources Generalist
The Arts Club Theatre Company operates the Backstage Lounge on Granville Island which is part of the Granville Island Stage. The Arts Club Theatre Company is Western Canada’s largest professional theatre company. This not-for-profit charitable organization produces and presents year-round at three venues—the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage, and Goldcorp Stage—as well as on tour throughout the province.