Posted 25 days ago
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Moving into its 56th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
The Front of House Manager is responsible for the safety and well-being of the audience and for supervising the Front of House team.
Reporting directly to the Guest Services Manager, the successful candidate will have prior staff management experience; preferably within a unionized environment, will have exceptional organizational skills and be comfortable and confident when speaking to large groups of people. This position requires a mature, calm and unflappable approach to guest service with the ability to respond appropriately in the moment weighing a variety of factors.
The number of hours per week will vary during the year depending on the season schedule and rentals. Hours available will range from zero to a maximum of forty.
Our typical performance schedule (can vary depending on venue) is Monday to Saturday evenings, matinees on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. All vacations must work around the required dates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises the front of house team.
• Responsible for the safety and comfort of the audience.
• Trains and orientates new front of house staff and provides coaching and guidance to staff in consultation with the Guest Service Manager.
• Liaises with the box office and stage management to coordinate seating and performance cues at curtain and intermission(s).
• Handles patron-seating issues when applicable.
• Does the pre-show announcement and other announcements that may be deemed necessary.
• Prepares and distributes show reports.
• Maintains and provides a safe environment for audience members and staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in front of house management is an asset.
• Experience managing a unionized workforce is an asset.
• The Front of House attendants are members of the Unifor union.
• Demonstrated experience in supervising and coaching staff.
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
• A calm demeanor and a sense of humour.
• Current or previous first aid training (level one) is an asset.
• An affinity for the performing arts.
Date Available: September 7th, 2019
Compensation: 19.79 per hour
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Lacey Schumann
Contact Position: Human Resources Generalist
The Arts Club Theatre Company operates the Backstage Lounge on Granville Island which is part of the Granville Island Stage. The Arts Club Theatre Company is Western Canada’s largest professional theatre company. This not-for-profit charitable organization produces and presents year-round at three venues—the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage, and Goldcorp Stage—as well as on tour throughout the province.