Posted 26 days ago
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 56th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage and supervised by the day and night Bar Management Team, the Arts Club Theatre Company seeks a Lead Cook for the Backstage Lounge. This is the perfect job for someone looking to showcase their skills. Looking to lead a kitchen and put your stamp on a menu that you get to create? We are currently searching for a culinary super star with 2 years of culinary experience willing to lead the front line. This full-time position is part of the Unifor union.
The successful candidate will ensure the restaurant kitchen operates effectively to produce the highest quality product for our discerning guests. The Lead Cook will lead, train, coach, motivate and empower all colleagues to ensure we all strive as a team to adhere to our goals and set standards within the department. A proven track record of progressive supervisory success is necessary to thrive within this extremely high volume area.
Candidate must have thorough understanding of Food Safety and Sanitation standards. Culinary degree strongly preferred, but not required. Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays will be required If you love the thrill of working in a professional culinary environment where you have the opportunity to lead and develop and train cooks.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items according to recipes and standards
* Conduct daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues
* Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
* Liaise daily with Outlet Managers to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
* Maintain and enhance the food products through creative menu development and presentation
* Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
* Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
* Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
* Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
* Maintaining and restocking kitchen
* Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food
* Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
* Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
* Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
* Food Safe
* Highly responsible & reliable
* Must have a minimum of two years of experience as a Sous Chef or Chef
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
* Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
* Must be willing to LEAD all kitchen staff, this is a unionized environment
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
* Constant standing and walking throughout shift
* Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
* Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
* Ability to physically handle knives, pots, and other cooking utensils etc.
POSITION PURPOSE: Supervise all aspects of the food production for the kitchen, including ordering, inventory, portioning, food safe practices, dress code, communications, daily meetings, food preparation, training with the opportunity to create your own menu, as well as creating a catering menu.
Hours: Days, evening and weekend work required.
Salary: $18.36 an hour. Benefits include enrollment in the company health plan, vouchers for the Arts Club Shows, and gratuities.
Deadline for applications: Please provide your resume and with a cover letter by October 6, 2019 to:
Arts Club Theatre Company, Human Resources
Contact Name: Lacey Schumann | Contact Email: email@example.com
We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Arts Club Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hiring decisions are based solely on the merits of the candidates and needs of the “Society”.
Date Available: October 1st, 2019
Contact Name: Lacey Schumann
Contact Position: Human Resources Generalist
The Arts Club Theatre Company operates the Backstage Lounge on Granville Island which is part of the Granville Island Stage. The Arts Club Theatre Company is Western Canada’s largest professional theatre company. This not-for-profit charitable organization produces and presents year-round at three venues—the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage, and Goldcorp Stage—as well as on tour throughout the province.