Posted 13 days ago
Baro is looking for a professional Executive Sous Chef to join our Heart of House team, alongside our Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, help assist in working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- 2-5+ years of experience as a Sous Chef
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
-Familiar with industry’s best practices
-Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
Date Available: March 10th, 2019
Contact Name: Hiring Manager
At Baro, we strive to achieve the reputation of Toronto’s best workplace. World-class service doesn’t come easy and ensuring a quality customer experience is something that must be met with every guest who comes through our doors.
Our hiring process is thorough, our training program is extensive, but the service relayed by all our employees is beyond exceptional. Baro may be an industry leader in Toronto, but our ambition as a brand is to become iconic in the hospitality industry.
If you’re motivated by challenges that bring success, we want to meet you!