Posted 30 days ago
Hello Future Big Rockers!
Do you want to work with one of the largest craft breweries in Canada?! Our Big Rock Vancouver restaurant is looking to hire a Part-time Server/Shift Lead who goes hoppy over craft beer and enjoys working on one of the best teams in the city. We are looking for that “right fit” who has a positive and upbeat attitude, open availability along with a love for all things beer!
A little about us…
Founded in 1985 by Ed McNally, a retired lawyer and barley farmer who had a vision to create a craft brewery long before there was even such a term. We are now proud to have breweries in Vancouver, Calgary and Ontario – making us one of Canada’s largest, independent, true craft brewers. Dedicated to brewing quality craft beer and growing the communities we are a part of, our Brewmasters make beer with skill and imagination, utilizing local ingredients and innovative processes - all rooted in Ed’s original passion for excellence.
We are always looking to bring passionate supporters of craft beer along with us on our journey. Our team comprises a group of people who have the opportunity to grow their skills and be creative. Our people feel constantly challenged as we strive to expand our horizons, both literally (such as with new bricks and mortar) and figuratively, as we experiment with rare and novel brewing techniques and unusual ingredients.
• Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
• Provide necessary support where needed to ensure guest experience is top priority through service standards and efficient operations.
• Effectively communicate with Executive Chef and culinary team on any food related issues that arise.
• Achieve company objectives in sales and service by building repeat business and creating a positive, productive working environment.
• Familiar with reporting systems and opening/closing procedures.
• Aware of labor targets and adjusting staffing levels to achieve desired results for the shift and business needs.
• Provides timely feedback, both positive and negative to leadership team to enhance service for our guests.
• Must be a leader and an ambassador for the company at all times
• Ensure that all physical environmental concerns are dealt with and that the restaurant is kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by reporting issues to the Restaurant Manager
• Fully understand and comply with all federal, provincial and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
• 3 years experience in front of house operations and/or head server positions
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Serving It Right Certification
• Physically fit and able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
• Strong personal sense of style
• Strong communication skills
• Problem solving and organizational skills
• Punctual with a strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Ability to “have fun”
We thank all candidates for applying; however please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Date Available: July 29th, 2019
Compensation: Dependent on experience
Other Positions: Bartender, Shift Manager
Requirements: High School Diploma, Serve it Right
Contact Name: Megan Kenny
Contact Position: Human Resources Advisor
A big part of Vancouver’s thriving craft beer scene, located in the heart of the Brewery Creek/Mount Pleasant district. Our full scale brewery offers brewery tours and tastings, a beer store with growler fill bar, and also features a full service restaurant & lounge serving beer-inspired dishes with live & local music many nights a week.