Posted 7 days ago
Canoe Brewpub opened in 2002, and quickly became a fixture in Victoria with its timeless waterfront location, soaring timber frame, and rustic brick architecture. There are 600 seats between the pub, lounge, dining room, and large scenic patio.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Assistant General Manager to lead the Canoe service team. Are you a natural people person who loves interacting with guests and staff? Are you passionate about coaching and developing staff to instil a culture of service excellence? If so, we encourage you to read on.
• Regularly interacting with guests and staff to build relationships and create a memorable experience.
• Inspiring a team of talented managers and staff to reach the next level of the guest experience.
• Recruiting the right staff and then developing them so they are successful in their roles.
• Assisting the GM with monitoring the financials and looking for ways to meet/exceed the budget.
• Problem solving with daily issues that may pop up.
• Always looking for creative, innovative service and product ideas.
• Having strong attention to detail on facility maintenance and cleanliness.
• Multi-tasking in a hustle and bustle environment with a friendly and upbeat attitude.
• 2-4 years of experience in a management position in a high-volume restaurant
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in business or hospitality (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and develop staff
• An enthusiastic, confident, and engaging personality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passion for the F&B/hospitality industry
• An understanding of the clientele in the local Victoria market
• An understanding of event planning for social and corporate events
• Knowledge of beverage products and market trends for wine, beer, and spirits
• Serving It Right certification
• A flexible work schedule with evening, weekend, and weekday availability
• Certification in wine, beer and/or spirits e.g. WSET, ISG (an asset)
• Knowledge of local musical artists for coordinating weekend entertainment (an asset)
• A competitive salary with quarterly and annual bonus structure
• Extended health & dental and health & wellness account
• RRSP matching
• A dynamic work environment with great people
• A focus on ethical and sustainable business practices
• Cross-training, growth opportunities, and staff discount privileges with The Truffles Group of partner businesses (www.trufflesgroup.com)
• Reimbursement for your professional development
• Paid volunteer days and donation matching
• Complementary entry to community events
If this is you, let us know by applying with your EightSix Profile (with your resume uploaded). We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Truffles Group is a collection of rapidly growing businesses with a big vision. Locally owned and operated, we are a people-powered group of companies devoted to changing the way people think about Vancouver Island’s hospitality, tourism, and beverage retail industries.
Date Available: July 10th, 2019
Compensation: Based on Experience
Other Positions: Manager, Shift Manager
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Stephanie Anderson
Contact Position: Human Resources Manager
We're located on the waterfront in Victoria's scenic Inner Harbour.
Enjoy our timeless waterfront location, soaring timber frame and rustic brick architecture as you share good times with your favourite people.
Complete with a pub, lounge, dining room and scenic patio, we're proud to offer a vibrant and versatile atmosphere for both large and small gatherings.