Posted 7 days ago
Located along Victoria’s Inner Harbor, Canoe Brewpub is committed to innovation, through fresh and local ingredients. If working on a waterfront patio with great handcrafted beer, real food and a vibrant atmosphere with live music every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights appeals to you, we are looking for an energetic, professional Beverage Manager to join our team!
• Leading and working as part of an engaged team to create a memorable experience for your guests, delivering outstanding service and creating customer loyalty
• Multi-tasking in a hustle and bustle environment with a friendly and upbeat attitude
• Learning and talking about your products so you can connect with your guests and help them make educated choices
• Managing inventory levels to make sure our guests have the beverages that they desire
• A love of great food, great craft beer and the belief in its ability to inspire and entertain
• Being part of a team of positive, high achievers who care about their guests and the company they are representing
• A minimum of 2 years of bartending AND supervisory experience
• A post-secondary degree/diploma in business or hospitality (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
• A warm, confident, and customer focused personality with excellent communication skills
• The ability to manage and motivate people
• A flexible work schedule with evening, weekend, and weekday availability
• Serving It Right and Food Safe
• WSET Intermediate Wine Certificate or comparable (an asset)
• Craft Beer/Cicerone and/or Mixology training (an asset)
• A dynamic work environment with great people
• A focus on ethical and sustainable business practices
• Cross-training, growth opportunities and staff discount privileges with The Truffles Group of partner businesses (www.trufflesgroup.com)
• Base salary, plus quarterly and annual bonuses
• Extended health & dental and health & wellness account
• Reimbursement for your professional development
• Complimentary entry to community events
• Paid volunteer days and donation matching
• RRSP matching
If this is you, let us know by applying with your EightSix Profile (with your resume uploaded).
The Truffles Group is a collection of rapidly growing businesses with a big vision. Locally owned and operated, we are a people-powered group of companies devoted to changing the way people think about Vancouver Island’s hospitality, tourism and beverage retail industries.
Date Available: July 10th, 2019
Compensation: Based on experience
Other Positions: Manager, Shift Manager
Requirements: Food Safe Level 1, Serve it Right, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Stephanie Anderson
Contact Position: Human Resources Manager
We're located on the waterfront in Victoria's scenic Inner Harbour.
Enjoy our timeless waterfront location, soaring timber frame and rustic brick architecture as you share good times with your favourite people.
Complete with a pub, lounge, dining room and scenic patio, we're proud to offer a vibrant and versatile atmosphere for both large and small gatherings.