Posted 10 days ago
Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program for managers
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time. They show initiative, team work, walk with a "snap in their step" and with a sense of mission. Cleanliness is maintained throughout service and they gladly honour guest special requests.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
• Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to O&B standards
• Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
• Maintain a prep list of station duties
• Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
• Assist in food inventory and control
• Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
• Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
• Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines
• Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
• 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant
• Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
• Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
• Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure
• Able to spend 100% of the time standing
• Serve Safe certified
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
Date Available: September 17th, 2018
Compensation: $16-$18 with gratuities
Other Positions: Line Cook, Prep Cooks
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Maja Lapaine
Contact Position: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Connecting people to place through contemporary Canadian cuisine, Canoe crafts inspired dishes reflective of our country’s diverse landscape, history and culture. Our chefs work closely with farmers and suppliers to source the finest ingredients from across the nation.
With over 20 years of culinary history, Canoe continues to challenge creative boundaries in the spirit of celebrating Canada and its distinct provinces.