Posted 10 days ago
Whether in our kitchens, dining rooms, event venues or offices, our singular purpose is to captivate guests with our unparalleled quality, service, and food and wine knowledge. We achieve this only through the excellence, innovation and passion of our team members. If you are seeking a rewarding career that involves first rate training and education, mentoring and development, attractive compensation, and inspiring rewards and recognition, consider joining Oliver and Bonacini Restaurants.
Under the direction of the Front of House Management Team, Server Assistants provide support to Servers by inspecting all tables for the proper mise en place, cleanliness and completeness. They practice a high level of floor awareness and have exceptional knowledge of all food and beverage items. Server Assistants help with food running as well as monitor food quality to ensure O&B presentation standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations when necessary
• Answer questions about food, beverages, wine and other restaurant functions and services when necessary
• Communicate with Servers and Hosts to maximize seating
• Inspect all tables for proper mise en place, cleanliness and completeness
• Practice a high level of floor awareness and clear/clean as required
• Manage the proper set up of: bread station and coffee station
• Ensure that condiments are pre-portioned and the fridges are stocked with milk, cream, butter etc.
• Assist with food running, ensuring that plates arrive to the proper guest (no auctioning off)
• Monitor food quality and presentation standards
• Monitor the cleanliness of section and ensure all materials and areas are clean and free from clutter
• Be thoroughly familiar with the causes of food contamination and the methods of prevention
• Follow all food safety standards and systems
• Empty garbage, change linen bags and dispose of garbage and recycling
• Communicate to all Servers any comments or information provided by guests to ensure a positive, memorable experience
• Other duties as assigned or required
• SmartServe Certified
• Previous Host, Server or Busser experience is an asset
• Enrolled or completed a Hospitality, Food & Beverage and/or Special Events Program is an asset
• High attention to detail
• Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
• Organizational skills
• Ability to take direction and prioritize
• Strong oral communication skills
• High level of product knowledge
• Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
Date Available: September 4th, 2018
Compensation: $16-$18 with gratuities
Other Positions: Barback
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Maja Lapaine
Contact Position: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Connecting people to place through contemporary Canadian cuisine, Canoe crafts inspired dishes reflective of our country’s diverse landscape, history and culture. Our chefs work closely with farmers and suppliers to source the finest ingredients from across the nation.
With over 20 years of culinary history, Canoe continues to challenge creative boundaries in the spirit of celebrating Canada and its distinct provinces.