Posted 11 days ago
Our Sous Chefs have a proven track record of cooking in a demanding environment as well as experience in recruiting, training, development and overall management of their cooks. Our Sous Chefs are hands on with cooking and managing their teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communicates the restaurant's vision to all team members and leads by example. Reinforces the O&B values daily and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the restaurant's future.
• Consistently monitors kitchen operations and cleanliness
• Builds and maintains relationships with team members and front of house management alike
• Follows proper ordering, inventory and receiving procedures
• Shows leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and cooking
• Demonstrates high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the restaurant
• Conducts recruitment and selection, training and development initiatives as well as performance management and employee coaching
• Uses conflict/resolution and problem solving skills
• Other duties as assigned
• 2-3 years of previous Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine experience in a similar environment
• Passion for food & culinary excellence
• High level of integrity, discipline and vision
• Ability to build and nurture relationships; strong team leadership and interpersonal skills
• Reputation for paying fanatical attention to detail
• Drive and takes initiative
• Exceptional communication skills with all levels of the organization
• Performs well in a performance based culture
• Very hands on approach and motivates others by setting the example
Date Available: September 17th, 2018
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Gratuities, Benefits
Other Positions: Cook
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Maja Lapaine
Connecting people to place through contemporary Canadian cuisine, Canoe crafts inspired dishes reflective of our country’s diverse landscape, history and culture. Our chefs work closely with farmers and suppliers to source the finest ingredients from across the nation.
With over 20 years of culinary history, Canoe continues to challenge creative boundaries in the spirit of celebrating Canada and its distinct provinces.