Posted 11 days ago
The Bel Café Manager is a senior role within Hawksworth Restaurant Group. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, this role acts as a leading position. This individual is responsible for the running of cafe operations at both locations and upholding the level of excellence and standards to which our team and clientele have grown accustomed. The Bel Café Manager is a leader and ambassador and is expected to represent Bel Cafe not only from a service perspective, but a cultural one as well. Inventory management, labour management and a keen business sense must be put into practice, as the Bel Café Manager will be accountable to all monthly profitability goals and outcomes.
What You'll Do:
- Splitting time between 2 locations to oversee the day-to-day management of service in the cafes
- Schedule all FOH staff according to established labour standards and taking into account business volumes and sales history
- Ensure accuracy of cash-handling procedures and oversee distribution of cash gratuities
- Conduct monthly inventory of all FOH supplies and report inventory to kitchen management as needed
- Be accountable for handling all repairs and maintenance within the cafes
- Develop relationships with regular guests and create new regulars through outstanding hospitality and service
- Work with the Bel Café Chef and Pastry Chef to ensure proper product knowledge for staff
- Managing errors from either FOH or BOH staff in the event they occur and making sure the guest is not affected and resolution is found.
- Respond to any guest complaints that may arise
- Uphold the culture and standards of Hawksworth Restaurant Group with the team and model exceptional leadership behaviour
- Hiring and training of all new staff
- Proper submission of payroll bi-weekly to Accounting
What You Have:
- 1-2 years of previous relevant management experience, ideally in a café setting
- Previous experience with making coffee is an asset
- Must have Serving It Right certificate
- Previous experience with POS programming and inventory control is an asset
What You'll Get From Us:
- Salary range is well within industry standards
- Cash gratuities paid weekly
- Full premium coverage for extended health benefits upon completion of a probationary period
- Fantastic growth opportunities within an expanding company
- Great co-workers and support from experienced leaders
If you think you have what it takes to fill this role, we would love to hear from you! Please respond with a cover letter and resume outlining your experience.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept in strict confidence.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Date Available: January 27th, 2019
Compensation: salary dependent on experience, but will include tips and extended health benefits
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Human Resources Manager