Posted 10 days ago
One of Vancouver's most prestigious catering companies and restaurants is currently searching for an experienced and organized Supervisor to help us maintain our exacting standards of excellence and expand the Hawksworth Catering Department further. The Catering Supervisor plays an integral role in ensuring the success of all private and large events; both in-house and off-site.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; Responsible for orchestrating efficient event setup and teardown.
- Communicative, responsive, and an active-listener; you are the bridge between client and colleagues. Facilitates smooth communication before, during, and after events.
- Proactive and problem-solving. Actively finding ways to accomplish the task(s) at hand.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; you will be the liaison between the organization and the guests-ensuring satisfaction and addressing any issues that may arise prior to or during an event.- Exceptional standards of service.
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to excel under pressure.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Catering Supervisor or Banquet Manager in a high-end restaurant or hotel.
- Extensive Food and Beverage knowledge.
- Knowledge of meeting space capacities and room set-ups.
- Knowledge of Word, Windows-based software, and Adobe.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Assertive, self-starter, self-motivator with a high degree of professionalism.
- Must be comfortable leading a team and delegating tasks appropriately.
- Must be available to work flexible and extended hours and weekends as required.
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you would be a great addition to the Hawksworth Catering team! While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Date Available: June 17th, 2019
Compensation: $17-$20 an hour depending on experience
Other Positions: Shift Manager
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Scott Garrett
Contact Position: Director of Operations
A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient led, contemporary cuisine that demonstrates the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Chef David Hawksworth’s trademark.
Five-time winner of Best Upscale Restaurant in Vancouver Magazine’s Restaurant Awards, Hawksworth Restaurant is glamorous and elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm and attentive service. Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.
Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with in bar dining menus and its own private rooms, Hawksworth can deliver an array of dining experiences from power breakfasts to after-work drinks, to formal gala events.