Posted 27 days ago
A celebration of Vancouver's cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient-led, contemporary cuisine. Vancouver Magazine's Best Upscale Restaurant every year since its inception, Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.
We are currently seeking a creative, driven, and experienced Sous Chef to join our amazing team of leading professionals in the culinary industry. This position is ideal for ambitious chefs looking to make their mark on Canada's high-end food scene.
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the executive chef to create and develop new dishes and menus;
- Manage stock of ingredients and place orders with vendors when necessary;
- Produce high-quality dishes in keeping with the Hawksworth standards;
- Act as mentor and trainer of up-and-coming young chefs, developing their
skill-sets and talent;
- Train and supervise the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to ensure productivity in
- The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of comparable
management experience in a similar setting;
- Accreditation from a culinary school, Red Seal Certificate or equivalent trade
- The ability to lead the team with solid instruction by setting an example of
hard work and attention to detail;
- Creativity and a strong interest in new and innovative food trends.
Compensation is competitive and includes extended health benefits and
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you would be a great addition to the Hawksworth team! While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don't miss your chance to work with one of Canada's best restaurants. Applications will be kept in strict confidence. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Date Available: May 5th, 2019
Compensation: $45,000 to $55,000/YR
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Antonio Sotomayor
A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient led, contemporary cuisine that demonstrates the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Chef David Hawksworth’s trademark.
Five-time winner of Best Upscale Restaurant in Vancouver Magazine’s Restaurant Awards, Hawksworth Restaurant is glamorous and elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm and attentive service. Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.
Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with in bar dining menus and its own private rooms, Hawksworth can deliver an array of dining experiences from power breakfasts to after-work drinks, to formal gala events.