Posted 20 days ago
We are Honeycomb Hospitality, we are the parent company of Baro, Petty Cash, Eye Candy and The General (coming soon). We believe that our success will be the outcome of our strict focus on company culture, guest experience and product innovation.
At Honeycomb Hospitality, we are passionate about building a world-class company culture, developing leaders throughout our entire organization and delivering an exceptional dining and customer experience.
In order to achieve our organization-wide goals, we must develop and maintain a forward-thinking learning and development program that will allow our organization to grow through our greatest asset; our people.
We’re recruiting a Director, People & Culture to join our senior leadership team. Reporting directly to our Managing Partner, you’ll contribute your goal-oriented, strategic mind, strong communication skills and creative vision.
This position is the first of its kind within our organization which means the leader of this department will have the autonomy to create forward-thinking initiatives that enrich the professional lives of our team members across all venues and head office. Along with this blank slate, comes great responsibility to build a department from the ground level, grow their team and impact 200+ employees.
As a member of our senior leadership team, you will be responsible for strategic planning, budget management and developing quarterly initiatives that positive impacts your department and produces measurable results.
Learning & Development Program
We are eager to elevate our training program for team members across each department throughout the organization. Whether an employee has been with us for one year or one month, we want each team member to have access to module-based training to advance their skill set within or outside of their immediate department.
Creating this end-to-end learning experience will be your responsibility to spearhead. By leveraging the resources provided to you, you will work with internal stakeholders to build the framework to bring this program to life. Our expectation is that the result of this initiative will produce a learning & development program that will rival some of the organizations we admire for their programs.
As our organization continues to grow, finding top-tier talent will continue to become a key priority as new venues are opened throughout the city. We envision having a two-pronged, inbound and outbound approach to finding top talent.
Building the framework to achieve these results will be the responsibility of our Director, People & Culture. Alongside your direct report, it will be this departments responsibility to ensure we are regularly meeting top talent to recruit into our organization.
Interviewing & Onboarding
We have built an interview strategy unlike any other in the industry. Our Director, People & Culture will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of our current process, find operational efficiencies to continuously improve it and ensure that the framework is being adhered to across all departments and venues.
Similar to our interview process, we are proud of how our new team members are onboarded into our company. Our People & Culture department will ensure that each department and venue adhere to our onboarding standards. This will ensure new team members are onboarded memorably and will be set up for success before going into training.
As the leader of this department, you will be responsible for managing our employee-facing vendors such as our payroll provider, benefits program, uniform suppliers and others.
Guest Reservations Centre
Our centralized reservations team will also be led by our Director, People & Culture. This internal team is responsible for managing all incoming calls to our venues. These calls primarily consist of reservation requests and customer service needs.
We have several initiatives and teams that you will be responsible for managing.
● Employee Advisory Board (EAB): Each of our venues consists of an EAB. This is an internal team where each department is represented by a representative. Along with an executive sponsor, the representatives meet once per month to discuss the current state of the company culture and workplace matters. The executive sponsor of this team reports the findings to Managing Partners and General Managers.
● Culture Committee: Our Culture Committee meet once per month to discuss culture-based initiatives that they create and lead. As our Director, People & Culture, you will become the executive sponsor for this team as well.
● Weekly Employee Surveys: Every week, we ask our team members across the entire organization a single question. These questions can range from “Do you believe you have a friend at work?” to “When you share feedback with your manager, do you feel heard?” It will be your departments responsibility to ensure this program is managed and feedback it provided to key stakeholders within the organization.
● Job Fairs: We regularly host job fairs to attract talent. It will be your team’s responsibility to spearhead these projects.
● Town Hall & Internal Events: To ensure we are consistently communicating and celebrating our team, we host quarterly and yearly company-wide events that need to be organized and managed.
Skills and Experience
You Are Experienced
● Your resume speaks for itself. You’ve worked within an organization where company culture was a major component to the success of the organization. You’ve held a similar role within a fast-growing company and have exemplified leadership ability throughout your career.
o 5 or more years of progressive human resources experience
o Bachelor’s degree in HR related field, or equivalent experience
o Strong knowledge of relevant legislation including but not limited to ESA, Human Rights, OSHA
o Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
o Experience in and passion for the hospitality industry is an asset
o CHRP/CHRL designation an asset
You Are a Builder and Self Starter
● You’ve built initiatives, teams and produced results in a similar role within your career. You crave autonomy to build new and unique programs and contribute to the success of a fast-growing company in an ultra-competitive industry.
You Are Highly Organized and Meticulous with Detail
● As we continue to grow our organization, we can expect to onboard dozens of employees at a time. Your attention to detail will need to be impeccable to manage this growth while also leading and organizing your team.
You Love Hospitality
● Work is great when you admire the industry you operate within. You’ve dined at some of Toronto’s most popular restaurants, hotels and cafes. Not only will you continue to explore what the city of Toronto has to offer, you will be at the helm of building one of Toronto’s emerging hospitality brands.
We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working with us.
To apply, please email your resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com and include the exact job title in the subject line of your message.
Date Available: May 30th, 2019
Compensation: $70,000 + Benefits
Contact Name: Human Resources