Posted 9 days ago
Honeycomb Hospitality, the brand behind Baro and Petty Cash is opening an exciting new concept this fall! Inspired by Cantonese cuisine, we will be bringing a brand new dining experience to King West.
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our Heart of House team, alongside our Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine. The successful candidate will employ their culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, help assist in working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
-Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Sous Chef
- Experience with Cantonese food is preferred (but not required)
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin is preferred (but not required)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Date Available: June 23rd, 2019
Compensation: Competitive wage plus tips
Contact Name: Hiring Manager