Posted 17 days ago
Position:Production Sous Chef (Overnight)
Location:King St. W and Portland Street
SHOOK is a small market-style vegetarian Israeli restaurant which utilizes old-world techniques to create beautifully created dishes. The kitchen is an open concept structure with a custom-built charcoal hearth and a wood fire oven. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. SHOOK is part of the ICONINK portfolio, a full-service international hospitality and lifestyle brand which takes inspiration from global cuisine and culture.
SHOOK is currently hiring a PRODUCTION SOUS CHEF to join our culinary team!
The PRODUCTION SOUS CHEF will be responsible for food production during overnight shift.
The PRODUCTION SOUS CHEF plays a key role in supporting the restaurants vision for high quality food and ensures that it is produced and delivered, in a professional, safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• To oversee and produce all aspects of production operation
• Conduct and order food inventories as required
• Inspect deliveries, ensuring quality is to satisfaction
• Ensure production area is clean, organized and ‘”inspection” ready
• Carry out on-going training to the high standards set by the Chef De Cuisine
• Understand and abide by the Health & Safety standards
• Follow all safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures; accountable for the cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment and stations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in similar role
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience with wood iron oven required
• Solid organizational and time management skills
• Ability to set production schedules and timelines to ensure sufficient par levels for service
• Must be energetic with a passion for food and a positive outlook
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
• Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism (i.e. punctuality, commitment to the job, well-groomed, mannerly, great team work etc.)
• Long periods of standing and walking is required
• Repetitive use of hands, dexterity, bending down
WHY WORK FOR US
• Competitive wages
• Medical/dental group benefits
• Great perks (Discounts to all ICONINK restaurants, discounted gym membership, etc.)
• Fun team and culture
• Training and development
• Professional growth opportunities
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Date Available: May 12th, 2019
Requirements: Red Seal, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Ben
ICONINK IS A FULL SERVICE INTERNATIONAL HOSPITALITY COMPANY AND LIFESTYLE BRAND
ICONINK takes inspiration from global cuisine and culture, merging dynamic dining and design with insight and ingenuity. We bring together talented artists and artisans, and use our collective imagination to enliven ideas and create connection.
Join us and discover regionally inspired cuisine, exceptional service, and immersive design that will elevate your experience to extraordinary.