Posted 15 days ago
La Carnita is a celebration of urban culture through food, drink, art and sound.
Our people are the foundation, key stakeholders and drivers of our success.
With this in mind, we have committed ourselves to hiring talented, passionate individuals and to keeping them engaged, challenged and inspired.
At La Carnita, you’ll find a highly inclusive culture that celebrates and encourages individuality and diversity. We strive to highlight the diversity of our team and share a commitment to our family roots.
La Carnita is looking for a highly motivated, outgoing and dynamic Assistant General Manager to join our team!
If you are passionate about Mexican fare and love working in a fun and unique environment with good music and even better people, come through:
On the Regular:
As a member of our family, you’ll be primarily responsible for supporting our General Manager in ensuring the smooth operations and overall success of the entire restaurant venue. You will assist with coordinating and organizing all food and beverage operations, as well as provide support with various administrative tasks including scheduling, payroll, filing, recruitment, performance management, employee paperwork, and labour and sales forecasting, amongst other things. You will have the proven ability to manage the Front of House team and daily restaurant operation, and execute the vision of the highest quality operation in the pursuit and delivery of consistent, excellent guest experiences, while effectively enforcing the company’s policies and procedures.
What we offer:
• Eligibility for extended health benefits
• Eligibility for Employee and Family Assistance Program
• A fun workplace environment and culture
• A community of people connected through food, art and music
• A culture of inclusiveness
• Regular events
• Staff meals and discounts
• Professional development/coaching and room for internal growth and promotion
• Convenient downtown location in the heart of Toronto's Entertainment District
Working for La Carnita is more than just a job, it’s a lifestyle. We’re looking for someone who can embody our brand and live it on the daily. Other key requirements include …
Education & Experience
• 1+ years’ experience as an Assistant Restaurant Manager
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business/Hospitality Management/Food and Beverage Management and/or equivalent an asset
• Smart Serve is a must
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial and operational management
• Excellent service skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Exceptional guest service orientation
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency in a fast paced environment
• Proven problem solving abilities
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Strong leadership and conflict management skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff at all levels
• Ability to motivate and manage staff to work effectively as part of a team
• High personal integrity, professionalism and maturity
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and POS Software
• Proven success with fostering a positive and dynamic working environment
If you love being challenged, working with a team and want to have fun while doing it, give us a shout or submit your resume here.
La Carnita is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Date Available: October 29th, 2018
Compensation: 40000 + Tips, Staff meals, discounts, eligibility for extended health benefits, employee & family assistance program
Contact Name: Nicole Reynolds
Contact Position: Senior Human Resources Manager
Locally designed with the help of some of Toronto’s best street style artists, La Carnita is the spot to enjoy delicious tacos, a handful of churros, run through a mixtape, and wash it all down with a fresh cocktail or beer. At the heart of what we do is always to serve up a dynamic menu, and connect with the community through our love of art & music.