Posted 5 days ago
Aburi Restaurants Canada is seeking an experienced FOH Manager for their Toronto location. As a Japanese Fine Dining restaurant, home of the famous Aburi Sushi, we pride ourselves on exceptional service, high quality innovative cuisine, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our growing company.
In addition to day-to-day shift management, FOH Managers are responsible for:
- Developing and meeting monthly financial targets
- Hiring and training FOH staff
- Controlling daily schedule
- Promoting Miku Toronto in the local market
- Coordinating in-store marketing
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and food safety
- Demonstrating solid leadership by a "Hands On" approach
- Previous supervisory experience
- Passion for service and commitment to quality
- Strong attention to detail and eye for presentation
- Conceptual understanding of restaurant controls and financial statements
- A thorough understanding of Food Safe and liquor law regulations
- A proven record of training and developing a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High energy and passion for the food and beverage industry.
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth with management systems
- Strong POS experience
- Open availability
- Well versed in basic computer knowledge
**Before applying, please visit our website mikutoronto.com to learn about our company, culture, and menu.
Date Available: February 1st, 2019
Compensation: Please Contact
Other Positions: Bar Manager, Operations Manager
Contact Name: Team Toronto
Aburi Restaurant’s first East Coast location is situated in Toronto’s Harbour Front at Bay and Queen’s Quay. With over 7000 square feet, a raw bar, sushi bar, and large patio, Miku brings contemporary upscale design to the Southern Financial District.
Expanding East from Vancouver roots, Aburi Restaurants and Miku Vancouver are well known both locally and worldwide for Aburi Sushi.
Corporate Executive Chef Kazuya Matsuoka along with Chef de Cuisine Michael Acero and Head Sushi Chef Kazuki Uchigoshi bring Aburi Cuisine to Toronto combining traditional Japanese flavours and techniques with local, East Coast elements to create a truly unique dining experience. The menu focuses on Aburi Sushi as well as fresh seafood, respecting the natural flavours of the ingredients while adding a signature Aburi twist. Japanese and European inspired desserts made in house by our pastry team create the perfect ending to the culinary experience.
Miku Toronto’s large beverage program includes signature cocktails, wines, and an extensive sake list. The knowledgeable staff is always happy to make suggestions on pairings that will please your palate.
The first of Aburi Restaurants East Coast locations, we can expect more to follow in the coming years.