Posted 8 hours ago
We’re hiring Service Leaders (Restaurant Shift Managers) at Oak & Thorne Public House.
Be a part of one of the fastest growing hospitality companies in British Columbia as recognized by Business in Vancouver. We are looking for energetic people with relevant experience to add to our team. While our exciting growth plan will create unlimited opportunity, you will be the one controlling your hospitality journey. We encourage you to be your best self and we believe our establishments are only as good as our devoted staff. We look to promote and inspire individuals to maximize their potential.
– Manage daily or nightly operations and ensure all service standards and guest requests are met
– Keep General Manager promptly and fully informed of all issues and take prompt corrective or suggest alternative course of action where necessary
– Complete job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with JRG policies and procedures
– Attends weekly Service Leader meetings
– Maintains favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment which will be conducive to maximize employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
– Provide a favorable image of The Joseph Richard culture and uphold high industry standards
– Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make decisions reflected in the importance to guest service
– Hold all employees accountable for service standards, performance and appearance
– Ensure guest satisfaction in all areas of food, service and environment
– Communicate with the team through daily log outs and updates
– Develop and maintain relationships to ensure guests remain loyal and return
– Report and record all repair and maintenance issues
– Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supplies, and labour
– Ensure financial and payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
– Maximize bar profitability by ensuring correct pouring and recipes are followed
– Ensure each shift is staffed appropriately and cutting labour to meet budget
– Understand scheduling based on budget and sales forecast
– Exceptional understanding of The Joseph Richard Groups mission statement, philosophy and service standards
– Completed Food & Beverage testing
– Shows an ability to lead and take initiative
– Minimum of 1 year in related position as Food & Beverage Server and/or Bartender
– Competitive within the industry
– Medical & dental benefits for eligible employees
The Joseph Richard Group is a collection of unique hospitality ventures owned by André “Joseph” Bourque and Ryan “Richard” Moreno. Our team operates 25 establishments together, constantly fine-tuning our concepts according to the needs of our guests. What sets us apart is our dedication to the Guest Experience; an unwavering commitment to exceptional service, top quality offerings, and a team of like-minded people-loving staff.
Creating memorable experiences for all guests through the best people, product, service, and environments.
Date Available: June 18th, 2019
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Marie Wynne
Contact Position: Manager
It was only a few short years ago that this neighbourhood was farmland as far as the eye could see. Now fortified with a bustling community, Walnut Grove is the epitome of the word community. The Joseph Richard Group is proud to have established Oak & Thorne in 2015 to offer the locals a gathering place to celebrate and call their own. And like the farmers of days past, we pride ourselves in a long day’s work done not just well, but exceptionally well.
Stop by to watch the game or join us for a drink (FYI, we’ve got more than twenty beers on tap and a constantly growing list of delicious craft beers to choose from). We have a hunch that you’ll be enticed to stay and sample one of our classic pub offerings, prepared in-house from local, fresh, high quality ingredients. With our cozy ambiance, top quality fare and cheerful grins, you’ll be able to kick back and unwind as if you were lounging in your own living room.
We are so glad to be here in Walnut Grove and cannot wait to have you as our guest. From the moment you walk in, you are family.