Posted 21 days ago
We are currently looking for line cooks with flexible availability.
Must be able to work on weekends, and holidays (except Christmas Day)
- Free staff meal on scheduled shift, 20% discount off shift, 40% off discount on shift
- Tips bi-weekly
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skill - ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be available to work on the weekends
What You’ll Do:
- Promptly and efficiently fill orders according to bill flow
- Run various pieces of kitchen equipment, time the steps in each dish and know the cooking requirements of each dish
- Be knowledgeable about menu items, menus changes and food preparation procedures to ensure a ‘remarkably consistently’ guest experience
- Consistently prepare ingredients, garnishes, sauces, etc. to ‘spec’
- Quickly resolve complaints about food preparation or quality
- Ensure safe food handling procedures are followed 100% of the time
- Prepare items to meet guest requests and prepare support items as required
- Control waste and to work to high efficiency with food ingredients
- Proactively refill the line with ingredients / condiments / supplies
- Follow a ‘clean as you go’ mantra to ensure that the kitchen area is always clean and orderly
- Be knowledgeable regarding allergy policies and procedures to ensure that guests are not at risk of allergic reactions
- Work each shift with a safety mindset. Be proactive in regards to front of the house and back of the house safety (food safety, potential hazards for employees or guests)
- ‘Live’ our core values during every shift: Honesty, Empathy, Always Welcoming, Remarkable Consistency, Taking Care of the Community
Who You Are:
- You are a genuine and vibrant team player
- You might have experience in the service / hospitality industry. Previous back of house experience would be nice but isn’t required. We will consider the right person, with the right attitude who can back-up their abilities through previous work, or involvement in teams (school, work or sports)
- You pride yourself on your ability to learn new skills, your ability to work efficiently and effectively , your reliability and your ability to ‘keep your cool’ even during the busiest shifts
- You are able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks without skipping a beat
- You are solution focused and resourceful – you are proactive and take the initiative to find resolutions to situations
- You are easily coachable and see feedback as an opportunity to keep improving your skills and abilities
- You are able to safely and repetitively lift items weighted similar to a bag of potatoes
- You are able to stand for long periods of time
- You might have future aspirations to be employed as Store Management or in our Corporate team
Date Available: May 27th, 2019
Compensation: Experience Dependant
Other Positions: Cook, Prep Cooks
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Bianca Nobleza - Bondad
Contact Position: Kitchen Manager