Posted 5 days ago
COMPANY OVERVIEW: QUAN JU DE
We are so excited to introduce you to Quan Ju De our very first North American location. Quan Ju De is a well sought out and successful Asian restaurant brand that has been around for 135 years. We are currently seeking enthusiastic, highly motivated and fun individuals to join our team.
The Quan Ju De is well-known throughout Asian for its exceptional Chinese cuisine and most famously for the “Pecking Duck” dish. We could not be more excited to introduce Quan Ju De to Vancouver. Our menu is a fusion of traditional Chinese food with a North American flare. Our goal is to reintroduce North American culture to modern Chinese cuisine.
We believe our overall success is directly reliant on creating a team of highly capable and experienced individuals that bring their astounding personalities and positive attitude to the Quan Ju De culture. Our work environment is fast paced, collaborative and motivational. We are looking for individuals who want to achieve great things with us and develop their own skill set within Quan Ju De. We believe that with our company anything is possible, and we want all of our team members to grow and develop their own set of skills while working with us. You will also have an opportunity to move up based on your performance as we will be opening more locations in New York, Vegas, Los Angeles, Seattle, Boston and Chicago.
We are looking for a full and part time Server/Sommelier.
-You must be a "Hospitality Champion" with the ability to make the right decisions when it comes to our guests and staff.
- Ability to deal with high-end clientele.
- Have valid Serving it Right and Foodsafe Level 1 certificates. Certificates in mixology would be considered an asset
- Communicate effectively food preparation methods, beer, wine, liquor, non-alcoholic beverages, common drink recipes and basic food & beverage pairings or accompaniments.
- Upsell through detailed product knowledge and effectively handle all guest inquiries including food and beverage suggestions, dietary, food sensitivity or allergy requirements
- Effectively solve problems, and make decisions that will respectfully fulfill the guests needs and benefit the restaurant.
- Provide excellent customer service, communication and sales skills.
- Confidently operate POS terminals, debit payment systems, Open Table and other computerized or electronic systems
- Have a WSET certification to show that you have received up to Level 1 Sommelier training.
Date Available: October 14th, 2019
Compensation: $15 per hour serving + tips
Other Positions: Bar Manager, Server
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Bill Modrovic
Contact Position: General Manager