Posted 14 days ago
Seeking Talented Sous Chef for Busy Made From Scratch Cafe
Vancouver, British Columbia (view on map)
Posted 9 days ago
Railtown Café is seeking a talented Sous Chef who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty! We pride ourselves in not only serving healthy comfort food but in creating a fun learning environment.
We are Made from Scratch Café and Catering Business with 4 Café Locations seeking new talent to join our vastly expanding team. We offer many exciting benefits such as daily staff meal, full benefits package with extended medical and dental and to be a part of the amazing Railtown Family. The Sous Chef not only controls the service but is involved in Café Feature Menu Design.
So here is the Important stuff:
Sous Chef Role:
Coordinate and administer all food preparation, presentation, and service procedures as directed by the Executive Chef. Monitor quantity of prepared food. Ensure proper rotation and utilization of stored food to prevent waste.
Oversee food preparation to ensure proper consistency, flavor, presentation, and portion control. Monitor employee performance, provide instruction as needed, and monitor staffing levels.
• Personally and alongside kitchen staff, facilitate all food preparation, presentation, and service procedures as directed by Executive Chef.
• Monitor quantity of prepared food and ensure that quality and quantity standards are consistently satisfied.
• Ensure proper rotation and utilization of stored food to prevent waste.
• Oversees food preparation to ensure proper consistency, flavor, presentation, and portion control.
• Monitors staffing levels, early out requests, and overtime.
• Monitors and ensures kitchen and storage areas are clean, sanitary, and meet health and safety standards.
• Delegate work assignments to cooks and other kitchen staff.
• Monitor employee performance, instructs employees in the proper performance of job duties, and administer disciplinary action.
• Requisition stock according to business needs/pars.
• Ensure that the kitchen, storage areas, and other related areas are kept clean and free of safety hazards.
Visit our website to learn more about us: www.railtowncafe.ca
Date Available: July 5th, 2018
Compensation: Competitive Salary Package Plus Wage Increase After 3 Months, Benefits Package after 6 months of employment.
Other Positions: Manager
Requirements: Food Safe Level 1, High School Diploma, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Dan Olson
Contact Position: Owner
Fresh is what we do best, offering heaping portions of healthy comfort food prepared from scratch daily by our talented team of classically trained chefs. Made using only the best local and organic ingredients, we offer artisan bread loaves, soups, pastries, made-to-order gourmet sandwiches and a build-your-own salad bar unlike anywhere else in the city, along with house-made ice cream available by the jar and cone, locally roasted coffee, cold-pressed juices and a range of local craft beer, wine and spirits.