Romer's is looking for great people like you to be part of our Sous Chef team!
Are you tired of showing up for work and not knowing what you’re working towards? Would you like to enjoy growing your kitchen career?
Join our kitchen team and be part of a positive, fun and respectful work environment. Come by, check out the restaurant and let us know why we need you on our Sous Chef team!
Best time to catch us...10-11:30am and 2-5pm
• A minimum 3 months in Romer’s or 6 months in another comparable restaurant of high volume
• Unfailingly positive attitude. Ability to work with and coach others
• A high culinary skill set
• Ability to lead and plan in an organized and disciplined manner
• A love for kitchen quality and food in general is required
• Clean work style
• Can take and provide feedback and coaching with the right attitude
• A desire to learn and work on teams
• A desire to pursue the culinary arts preferably with Extra Mile Hospitality
• Your Birthday off
• Hourly wage $ 17.00 - $ 19.00 per hour
• Strong tip pool participation
• Shared Benefits coverage after 3-6 months. Full Benefits Coverage after 9-12 months
• Transportation allowance as needed and agreed to with Management
• 50 % off for your significant other and family bills up to 8 people per month in the restaurant. Also includes up to two drinks. All guests are expected to behave and reservations are required
• Daily meal from the menu (product profile item)
• Two weeks vacation
• Performance recognition (gift cards and other opportunities)
• Preference will be given to those pursuing a Chef career with Romer’s
• A hands on role with some management and leadership responsibility
• Leads Line checks and assists or completes in product profile daily
• All kitchen areas spotless including cooking equipment, shelves, drawers, vents, floors etc. and to temp standards. Walls, equipment, work areas spotless
• Leads quality with voice and actions
• The last word on quality behind the line
• Monitors and leads dress standards of kitchen team
• Completion of agreed upon store paper work as necessary
• Inspects prior nights’ close and provides feedback in management log in a positive manner on any shift activity
• Inspects stations for par levels. Updates team members of any and all issues. Provides focuses for each station
• Advises on any cleaning duties or additional opportunities to team
• Connects with Prep sous, Chef and Manager on any product issues or people issues updating boards for servers as necessary
• Spot checks weights and quality on prepped items and records
• Checks reservations and communicates with team
• Conducts line briefing to team as necessary and works a station
• Rotation between stations expected throughout week
• Provides coaching to the team and asks for coaching
• Monitors bill timing throughout service for the team
• Ensures menu is ready to go with no deficiencies by 11 a.m.
• Leaves notes for Prep Sous Chef, Chef and Management team
• Keeps dish area, dumpster area and recycling area spotless and revisits before leaving for the day
• Prepares necessary items from prep list
• Notes any 86 or shorts to prep. Special orders or requests to management team
• Updates countdown board if and as needed
• Provides training to new BOH staff as needed including certification of employees
• Updates on jackets, rags and all linen to Chef
• Full station clean end of shift
• Completes final interior/exterior inspection on way out including lights garbage and any other obvious areas
• Signs off with floor manager, hands over closing expectations
• Thanks all employees supporting the role and provides any coaching needed
• Weekly Duties include one on ones with Chef and Prep Sous Chef to discuss week including food cost, variance, quality, suppliers, people, large party sales, etc
• Once per week accompany Chef on cleanliness inspection and quality inspection
• Equipment and repair communication
• Line Sous Chef will be invited to management meetings and will be invited to cross train in Prep Sous chef responsibilities
• Line Sous Chefs will be invited to Extra Mile development classes and fun events
• Line Sous Chefs will be expected to provide honest open feedback to create positive change. They will be expected to role model Extra Mile values and leadership practices and maintain a positive attitude and intensity.
• We view you as a leader and a key to our success at Romer’s!
• Food cost
• Bill timing
• Food scores on drive
• Staff training effectiveness and turnover
• Audit scores
Date Available: April 3rd, 2017
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Tracy Lavers
Contact Position: Chef
We’re all about keeping it fresh, local, and fun.
Romer’s was started in 2010 out of a passion for simple, great food, originally it was burgers. Fresh ingredients from people we know and trust. And yes, we do make our food from scratch, all the way down to the mayo. That’s the way chef Romer wants it and that’s the way we do it. Our burgers? Freshly ground daily and hand pressed by our chefs. No frozen slabs of machine pressed beef. Chef Romer demands we do it right. No short cuts.
We believe in an honest drink. Craft beer that’s local all at a price that’s fair. We like sharing a great story and a good laugh goes a long way. We live and work in the neighbourhoods we serve, building and contributing to our communities. We are involved. We like to have fun, we love the place we live and when we aren’t making Vancouver’s best burger we like to enjoy being outside, taking advantage of everything our beautiful province has to offer.
Since 2010, our concept has continued to evolve, but we’ve stayed true to our commitment to being simple, fresh, local, and a part of our neighbourhoods. Our restaurants are focused on casual dining inspired by the West Coast lifestyle around us. We’re passionate about delivering you a quality experience with great service and unique food. Let Romer’s fuel your fun, whether that be hiking the local mountains, winning games with your soccer team, or spending time with friends on the patio.