Posted 11 days ago
We provide a fun, supportive, fulfilling and unique work environment.
We're looking for people with the following:
- Solid cooking experience working in a fast paced kitchen.
- Ability to work weekends
- Lead by example and help to train junior Back of House positions.
- 9 AM - 8 PM (11 on Friday & Saturdays) with occasional special events. No late nights or extremely long shifts.
- A supportive, respectful, family based work environment that offers cross-disciplinary training and support to help you succeed in your goals in and outside of the workplace.
- Opportunities for promotion, development and increased responsibility.
- Creative input and freedom to influence our menu, community support efforts and best practices.
- Full health/dental extended benefits
- A personal development stipend to continue education and growth.
- Company perks; tickets to our Greasy Spoon monthly diner series, etc.
- A role in community based organization that strives to make our neighbourhood better every day through every aspect of our business diner and butcher shop operations, our meal programs and numerous outside events focussed on feeding all members of our community.
Save On Meats has been an active member of our community since 1957. We pride ourselves on providing accessible, nutritious and delicious products and services to everyone in our community. Through various programs, we give back to the community that supports us and generally be a good neighbour.
As the flagship of Mark Brand Inc, Save On Meats strives to maintain our classic identity, with an eye on forward design with social conscience.
Located on 43 West Hastings, we encourage you drop off a resume or simply reply to this post. We are looking to hire soon and interview even sooner! Please do check out www.saveonmeats.ca to learn more about us.
Looking for primarily Full Time but Part Time also available for the right candidate.
Experience not required but preferred. Attitude and enthusiasm wins every time.
Date Available: April 9th, 2018
Other Positions: Prep Cooks, Quick Service Cook
Requirements: Food Safe Level 1, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Ash MacLeod
Contact Position: Managing Director
Save On Meats has been a pillar of delicious food security since 1957 serving fresh ground burgers, hand spun shakes, classic salads and everything you could want from a neighbourhood butcher.
We work hard to establish meaningful community through food, training and engagement and want to end the disconnect in our neighbourhood establishing a blueprint for other neighbourhoods we love globally.
Save On Meats is Canada’s first certified B Corporation Diner and Butcher. We take our mandates so seriously they’re written in our corporate charter.
Our team is made up of a diverse group of passionate people who work for a greater social good. If this sounds like you, please apply. We’re always growing!