Posted 25 days ago
The Cambie is on the lookout for bands/artists to perform on our brand new Thursday Live music night. Each band will play once a month on rotation.
The bands/artist we need are:
- REGGAE - Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff, Steel Pulse etc (1st Thursday of the month)
- UNPLUGGED (2nd Thursday of the month, acoustic any era, solos-duos)
- LATIN merengue/bachata/salsa/cumbia etc *not reggaeton (3rd Thursday of the month)
- ROCKABILLY Elvis, Buddy Holly, Carl Perkins etc (4th Thursday of the month)
Music sets are 4 x 45 min sets so from 8pm - 12am every Thursday. Please be aware that bands will be required to change their sets up a bit each month. Moving around songs and adding new songs is essential. PA is provided for all bands/artists.
- Performs a song list that is suitable for Cambie
- Socializes with guests and staff
- Knowledgeable with sound equipment; ability to set up and close down quickly and independently
- Experience playing in bars is a bonus but not essential
- Sound guy must be provided
To apply, please respond with the following:
- Youtube/Soundcloud channel/Facebook
- References from bars you've played at
- Compensation expectations (varies depending on experience, group size)
Date Available: February 7th, 2019
Compensation: Upon experience
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Shams Albayati
The Cambie is Vancouver’s oldest bar. The Cambie’s building was re-built soon after Vancouver was burnt to the ground in 1886.
The establishment has held a special Class A Liquor license since 1897, which grandfathered extra benefits over to its current liquor license.
2017 marks The Cambie’s 120th anniversary of serving Vancouverites and tourists alike!