Posted 11 days ago
The Cambie Malone's Group is looking for a Paralegal/Executive Assistant to join our team situated in our head office in Downtown Vancouver.
With a portfolio of valuable real estate and full-service operations known for our food, beverage and hostel locations on the mainland and on Vancouver Island, The Cambie and Malone's brands are synonymous with good times, cross-generational and cross-cultural clients and staff, and a "can do" spirit that has thrived in a volatile market for more than 30 years.
With a dozen growing businesses in our portfolio, we are in search of an ambitious, multi-talented individual who has the flexibility and drive to help support our ongoing operations and the administration of future growth in our current real estate holdings.
While our more than 250 employees work hard to realize our company goals and ambitions, we support and believe in a healthy work/life balance, equal gender parity in the executive level and invest in personal growth so you can realize your own.
This role is a hybrid and both legal and executive assistant experience is required. The ideal candidate will enjoy providing outstanding support to senior staff, will thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoys multitasking, is self-motivated and can manage multiple projects, agendas and timelines in an organized and efficient manner.
The successful candidate will report directly to the President and CEO of the company, an entrepreneur who works hard to achieve results and expects the same of his staff. In addition, the incumbent will support marketing, operations, Human Resources, accounting teams and legal counsel with documentation, correspondence, applications, filings, regulatory compliance, research, organizational process, governance, and other related work as required.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Familiarity with BC Company Act, BC Online to fulfil corporate filing requirements.
- Experience with legal representation in general Corporate law and Civil law matters.
- Fluent with legal terminology, process, and guidelines.
- Knowledgeable with or capable to learn filing of civic permit applications.
- Familiar with Small Claims and Insurance Claims procedures.
- Exceptional organizational, filing, documentation and computer technical skills.
- Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- French or other languages a plus, but not required.
- Excellent research skills.
- Familiarity with BC Employment Standards Act and BC Labour Relations Act.
- Experienced with contracts, leases, legal agreements, RFP, MOU, contractor agreements, investor agreements, vendor agreements, banking documentation, assessments, employee manuals, and any and all other standard documents.
Interested applicants should forward their resume with a cover letter in which you describe your ideal role, and provide at least two business references from within Canada and preferably from BC, and at least one personal reference not related to you.
Position is available immediately. Salary commensurate with experience. Potential for Bonuses and Extended Benefits after probationary period satisfactorily completed will also be available.
Date Available: December 30th, 2018
Compensation: Upon experience
Contact Name: HR Manager
The Cambie Malone’s Group was founded in 1988 in Vancouver, BC.
With 6 locations in Downtown Vancouver and 5 locations on Vancouver Island and over 200 staff, The Cambie Malone’s Group continues to provide its customers with the best value, customer service and product. We strive to provide an exciting experience at all of our locations through consistent great service and teamwork.
We believe we are industry leaders and innovators throughout all of our locations, which is contributed to hiring talented individuals whom we allow to expand along with the company’s growth.