Posted 4 days ago
This position is intended for a candidate who is a self-starter, able to work with a high degree of autonomy and appreciates an ever-changing work schedule.
Under the direction of the GM and ownership, the Sales & Events Coordinator is responsible for social bookings and corporate events at the group's newly renovated hotel in Squamish and sports bar in Gastown, Vancouver.
This is a hybrid position, and given the two locations it is a unique opportunity for someone with a fun, 'sky's the limit' attitude.
With 15 locations across Canada, growth options in the company are available.
• Drive event bookings + sales to venues
• Responds to sales inquires and email regarding events for our venues
• Builds and maintains relationships with local businesses as well as out of town
conventions/guests, tourist industries to book parties, retreats, events, etc
• Tracks bookings, sales, invoices and manages event inventory
• Tracks commission on a monthly basis
• Main client contact from inception to event completion, including: preparing quotes,
event contract creation and execution, email/phone correspondence and event
execution for larger events
• Provides site visits, meetings and tours at applicable venue, when necessary
• Conducts weekly briefings with each venue manager prior to functions to ensure team
is up to date on calendar
• For larger events, ensures event space is well-maintained, greets client and manages
payment/delivery for outside vendors, rentals, special requests etc.
• Liaison with the GM and owners on a biweekly basis to provide progress & sales
updates for each venue
• Business development opportunities and an open line of communication with
management and owners
• Network of local clients
• Experience in hospitality sales or events
• CRM experience an asset
• Team player with an ability to multi-task
• Natural ability to create meaningful relationships and experiences with guests
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
• Drivers license/car preferred
• Fun, honest and driven personality due to flexible work hours, working remotely and
within hospitality venues
Date Available: August 12th, 2019
Compensation: Base salary plus commission pay structure.
Contact Name: Dharrol Alves
Contact Position: General Manager