Posted 27 days ago
The role of District General Manager will oversee four (4) venues situated at 250 Adelaide Street W in Toronto, ON. The Porch (seasonal rooftop bar & restaurant), Rock ‘N’ Horse Saloon (a country themed bar & restaurant), Dublin Calling (party pub & kitchen) and Adelaide Hall (live music venue). The DGM is responsible for over 100 employees and 4 direct reports.
Managers at The MRG Group are responsible for creating positive shareable experiences for guests and employees in all our venues. They have great initiative and are driven and passionate about food and beverage. This team inspires and leads their employees to success by exceeding customer expectations.
- The General Manager will lead the team to exceed customer expectations and experiences in four (4) venues
- Partner with the GMs, AGMs and People & Culture to create and implement ongoing training and education programs to ensure every employee is equipped
- Create a strong working relationship with the People & Culture team to create and maintain an exciting and engaging work environment
- Develop positive relationships with suppliers, key stakeholders and employees
Coach and mentor the management team to develop a high performing culture
Plan and track all budgetary needs for all fixed costs (food, LW&B, breakage, labour, operating expenses, etc)
- Plan and track monthly financial and operations reports
- Participate in planning marketing initiatives to ensure the operations are executing promotions and that marketing is supporting the in venue team’s initiatives
- Review and analyze internal and external audit systems for customer service
Lead ongoing strategic recruitment
- Minimum 3 years experience in a General Manager position in similar high volume, fast paced environments
- A passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Proven success with implementing sales growth strategies
- Effective communication both written and verbal
- Impeccable organization and time management
- Ability to build, develop, and motivate a high performing team
- Positive and forward thinking attitude
- Proficient with computer systems including POS, Excel, Word, e-mail, and all social media platforms
The Company: The MRG Group is a fast growing company that has become an industry leader in hospitality, events, and live entertainment. We are currently looking for an experienced District General Manager to join out Downtown Toronto operations.
Direct Report: Director of Hospitality
Compensation: Competitive salary
Date Available: June 19th, 2019
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Other Positions: General Manager
Contact Name: Shon Jones-Parry
The Porch offers an unmatched view of the city and an experience unlike any other in Toronto. We are conveniently located in the city’s Entertainment District, above the Rock ‘n’ Horse Saloon and three blocks north of the Rogers Centre.
Head upstairs to enjoy a spectacular view of the Toronto skyline in the shadow of the CN Tower. Whether you’re looking to enjoy a refreshing patio beer after work or a ballgame, sip an ice cold margarita on a sunny day, or take in a breezy summer night with friends over delicious food – our rooftop patio is a must-see.