Posted 19 days ago
A premium chocolaterie patisserie cafe, voted “Best Desserts” and “Best Pastries” in Vancouver, Thierry offers a contemporary approach to the finest handcrafted chocolates, macarons, pastries, and desserts. With a dedicated team of service-oriented colleagues from the front of house (FOH) to the award-winning kitchen brigade, Thierry Cafe is a quintessential taste of Paris in the heart of Vancouver.
We are currently hiring part-time & full-time baristas. Professionalism and a warm inviting personality is required. We are looking for shifts ranging from early mornings to late evenings.
Some of the Benefits from working at Thierry:
- Employee discounts on food, beverages and retail merchandise
- Flexible work schedules (can flex with school schedules)
- Group medical plan is offered after 6 months of continuous employment
- A family/team culture with long term career opportunities
- Advancement opportunities at our current and new location coming in 2019
- Ability to individualize each customer experience and share the outstanding craft and expertise of our renowned Patissier, Thierry Busset
Duties will include:
- Preparing non-alcoholic drinks (espresso, tea, liquid chocolate, cold beverages)
- Preparing alcoholic drinks (wine, spirits, beer, spiked drinks etc.)
- Keeping working area, appliances and utensils clean
- Maintaining stock levels & bar supplies
- Applicants must have Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, CIS, or a valid work permit.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- No previous experience required – we will successfully train positive, motivated individuals
- Ability to multi-task and have an eye for detail
- Organized and able to work under pressure in a very busy environment
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
- Ability to work flexible hours that may include – early mornings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Completion of Secondary Education
- Serving It Right Certification
Thierry Busset is widely regarded as one of the finest pastry chefs in North America. Our shop boasts a stunning room featuring classic chocolates, macarons, cakes and pastries: all items are hand-made daily using only premium ingredients. Barista crafted espresso and liquid chocolate beverages are also a central part of the cafe, complimented by a selection of sandwiches, soup and savoury offerings. We are also licensed and offer a selection of wine and spirits to complement our wide array of products.
Apply online now - we look forward to meeting you!
Date Available: October 26th, 2018
Compensation: $13-15/hour + weekly tips, food/beverage/retail discounts, flexible schedules, group medical + lots of advancement/growth opportunities
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Sareena Pedneault
Voted "best desserts" and "best pastries" in Vancouver, Thierry offers a contemporary approach to the finest handcrafted chocolates, pastries, and desserts, bringing guests a taste of Paris in Vancouver.
Our Chef, Thierry Busset is widely regarded as one of the finest pastry chefs in North America. Our shop boasts a stunning room featuring classic chocolates, macarons, cakes and pastries.