Posted 19 days ago
Homer Street Café & Bar is growing our culinary team and looking for a dynamic and energetic Sous Chef to help lead our kitchen and grow with our expanding hospitality group.
Reporting to the Chef De Cuisine, the leading candidate will be responsible for the PM operations of the kitchen. You have a passion for local ingredients, team building and are a dynamic and driven cook with an experienced palate.
We are looking for someone who shares our drive, energy and ability to lead an award winning culinary team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
-Daily features, cook development and training
-Manage inventory, food and labour costs
-Execute developed systems and overall organization with our dynamic management team
– Conceive and execute seasonal menu innovation with our Culinary team; implement a consistently high level of cuisine though strong cooking skill
– Serve as a leader and mentor within the restaurant team to inspire trust and transparency through strong coaching and training
– Have a high level of organizational and communication skills
– The ideal candidate should have a minimum of five years experience in a similar environment, with a passion for seasonal cuisine and beautiful ingredients.
WHAT WE OFFER:
– An opportunity to join a growing, forward thinking management team within a progressive hospitality company that fosters upward mobility
– Competitive compensation and benefits
– A workplace that values innovation, communication and a progressive hospitality management perspective
– Full medical and dental benefits
– Mentorship, coaching and a strong leadership team as well as professional and personal development
We thank everyone for their interest but only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Date Available: May 3rd, 2019
Compensation: Above industry standards, staff meals, training & tips. Mentorship and grow with our expanding hospitality group.
Other Positions: Line Cook
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Jonathan Chovancek
Contact Position: Executive Chef
TABLEAU BAR BISTRO
A Vancouver bistro - serving today's take on traditional French bistro fare in a setting that combines old world classic elements with modern touches. The French-inspired menu blends classic culinary flavours of Paris with the use of fresh west coast ingredients. A dynamic bar scene serves seasonal in-house and classic cocktails with a great selection of local and draft beers on tap as well as an eclectic mix of approachable wines built from the regions of France. A perfect place for a business lunch, meeting friends out on the patio, everyday dining and weekend brunch. Located at 1181 Melville and Bute streets. tableaubarbistro.com
HOMER ST CAFE AND BAR
A contemporary restaurant set in the historic Homer Building and new Beasley building in Vancouver's Yaletown district. Created within an open concept kitchen bar...classic comfort cooking takes centre stage thanks to a fire engine red rotisserie that roasts all manner of proteins. A decidedly adventurous wine and cocktail list rounds out the menu. Located at 898 Homer and Smith streets. homerstreetcafebar.com
Musette Caffè is a bike-friendly, licensed Caffe.
All are welcome, from the coffee connoisseur to the serious cyclist; stop by for Brunch with friends or family and choose from one of our delightedly fresh specialty menu items.