Posted 24 days ago
Simply Foods is a fast growing catering company with an exciting opportunity to take local food to the next level. Our mission is to make simple, quality food accessible to everyone.
As a high volume caterer with a passion for providing meals to our community's most vulnerable, we service a range of different clients and programs throughout Metro Vancouver, 7 days a week.
We are looking for a highly experienced and hands-on Executive Chef who’s excited to bring both their entrepreneurial spirit as well as unique culinary talents to our kitchen. Besides being passionate about local, seasonal, and scratch cooking, candidates will need to possess exceptional supervisory and leadership skills, and be able to work with and train cooks and kitchen helpers.
As our Executive Chef, you will be expected to manage our food and labour costs closely while delivering a quality product and meal service that will blow the socks off the folks we feed. You are supported by a Sous Chef and senior cooks to help you lead and execute our various programs with efficiency and accuracy.
A flexible schedule and willingness for some travel for delivery may also be expected. This is a permanent full-time salaried position with an attractive health benefits package starting immediately upon hire.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
* Lead and supervise the preparation of daily food production according to the needs of the operation (production, service, storage, etc.)
* Supervise the work of the kitchen employees, ensuring production is timely and to our standards (hire, train, manage day to day, discipline, etc.)
* Assist in the ordering and sourcing of food and non food products used in our operation (order, receive, rotate, manage, procure food providers etc)
* Conduct regular inventory count of food and other kitchen supplies (monthly counts, input, quarterly audits)
* Conducting operations according to sanitation regulations and safety standards (daily temp and tracking controls, cleaning, covid protocols, etc.)
* Help develop, review, and revise kitchen operation guidelines for the team and to ensure they are being followed
* Perform other related duties as needed
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in a Hotel or other Batch Cooking Food Service Facility, 3 years of which in a Sous Chef (or above) position
* Experience in high volume catering, events, or hotel industry an asset
* Strong communication and organizational skills
* Leadership, cleanliness, and attention to detail are a must
* Ability to thrive under pressure and have solid time management
* Self-driven, motivated, and adaptable
* Willingness to work weekends and irregular hours when needed
* Familiarity with vegetarian, vegan, and other restrictive diets are an asset
* Solid interpersonal communication skills and ability to motivate other employees to perform their best
* Knowledge of effective cost control
* Red Seal Certification or equivalent an asset
* Experience serving children, seniors, and other vulnerable groups an asset
* Provide a clean criminal record
* Valid class 5 Drivers license
* Working knowledge of computer software (e.g. MS Office) and data entry preferred
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we would love a chance to meet you and discuss further!
Please visit www.simplyfoods.ca for more information about our mission.