Posted 21 days ago
Stone Creek Resorts is a friendly family company with a vision to the future. There are job opportunities at all levels for passionate people with a positive attitude who are committed to giving service beyond to our guests. In order for us to provide an outstanding customer experience, first we must offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities at either one of our iconic destination resorts or within our corporate office. Our teams are guided by values of Caring, Integrity, Excellence, Responsibility and Team Spirit; we strive to always treat our employees with the highest ethical standards.
The Banquet Sous Chef at Silvertip Resort will be at Silvertip Resort will be responsible for supporting the Silvertip Resort leadership team in creating a supportive, positive and engaging team environment. Leading a team of dedicated colleagues, you will ensure Silvertip Resort continues to exceed the memorable experiences for our guests. Responsibilities include hiring, training, and managing kitchen colleagues, daily banquet operations, menu design, and food costs. Additional focuses will be banquet labour, and weekly reporting to the Executive Chef. As a Silvertip Resort leader, you will be responsible for maintaining a healthy and safe work environment for our guests and colleagues.
Great Staff Benefits:
• Staff Accommodation available
• Discounted: golf privileges, staff meals, restaurant meals, golf shop purchases
• Company benefits may be available after 3 months
• A team-oriented individual who strives to create a memorable guest experience.
• An individual who maintains high standards and thrives off accomplishing tasks and achieving goals.
• An active listener who has a positive and responsive personality.
• Is an independent leader that can make quick decisions in a high volume environment.
• An individual that has the belief that all workplace injuries are preventable and will maintain a healthy and safe environment.
• A leader who is able to uphold our Mission, Vision and Values and our resort culture within your team.
• Responsible for the production, preparation and presentation of all food items, ensuring highest quality at all times.
• Ensure that all food health sanitation and standards are maintained.
• Monitoring and inspecting all food items received for quality and condition
• Ensure all new hire paperwork is completed as per hiring procedures.
• Assisting in the training all Banquet kitchen team members.
• Ensure proper equipment operation and maintenance procedures are observed.
• Create work assignments and daily tasks at the end of each workday to be implemented the following morning.
• Scheduling for Banquet kitchen team members, with the Executive Chef.
• Manage daily Banquet kitchen set up.
• Maintain all Banquet kitchen training programs.
• Manage buffet set ups in accordance with the BEOs.
• Actively monitor banquet food, ensuring excellence in food presentations.
• Daily labour report entries.
• Liaison between the Banquet team and the Banquet Manager.
• Communicate with the Executive Chef and Outlet Sous Chef on a daily basis.
• Support the Outlet Sous Chefs when necessary.
• Assist the Executive Chef with the preparation of the annual budget.
• Ensure proper recycling procedures are adhered to.
• Ensure all employees are working within the Occupational Health and Safety guidelines.
• Take part in any fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarization with all exits, including those normally used by guests, as well as fire escapes.
• Be continually aware of and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
• Attend meetings and training courses as required.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Red Seal Certification is a requirement
• Advanced Food Safe Certification
• Minimum 10 years kitchen experience
• Previous Kitchen supervision experience required
• Previous banquet experience is an asset
• First Aid Certificate
• Able to work in a team environment
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Able to work well under pressure
• Detail and task oriented
• Conduct and Maintain a Professional appearance
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Working around dangerous equipment such as fryers, slicers, and grills
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and tablets and peripherals
• Fast paced environment
• Able to stand for extended periods of time
• Lifting or moving up to 50lbs
Are you looking for an opportunity to work at one of Canada’s premier resorts where you can get experience as well have an experience? We are looking to add to our team of passionate staff who work together to make Silvertip Resort an amazing place to live, work and enjoy the outdoors. With our positive culture we work together to create a memorable experience for our guests and employees. Silvertip Resort has breathtaking views throughout the 18-hole golf course as well as spectacular views of the mountains from the Clubhouse and patio. Silvertip Resort is in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, only 5 minutes from the Banff Park gates and is an international destination which allows for a one of a kind working experience in this unique mountain tourist town.