Posted 5 days ago
Assistant Kitchen Manager
Come saddle up and join our team!
The commitment of Krause Berry Farms to ethical and sustainable farming has resulted in loyal guests and staff in spreading the word and returning year after year. The abundance of delicious fresh berries & vegetables, combined with a creativity and passion for baking have contributed to developing 100’s of farm-made products available in our Market, Bakery, Fudgery, Creamery and Porch.
The Assistant Kitchen Manager manages daily operations under direction of the Kitchen Manager. Our very high-energy and fast paced kitchen is located at Krause Berry Farms & Estate Winery where you will be making products from ingredients that come from the fields right outside the door. Our Farm is famous for pies, cakes, jams, and other bakery products that are made from scratch.
Krause Berry Farms is seeking a dedicated, passionate, goal-oriented individual who loves to serve and be flexible for our Assistant Kitchen Manager position.
· Supports the kitchen manager to manage the kitchen and production staff
· Assists in short term and long-term planning and the managing the Farms productions schedule
· Monitors the preparation of service daily
· Leads and manages production team to achieve department goals
· Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to the other members of the team
· Develops and maintains effective relationships with staff in order to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns and evaluate employee satisfaction
· Full understanding of employee engagement
· Schedules and assigns work, monitors and evaluates staff performance
· Resolves guest complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction and quality
· Helps implement procedures to increase guest and employee satisfaction
· Check regularly for quality control
· Perform daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Krause Berry Farms standards.
· Ensure that there is an adequate supply of materials available
· Order, receive, inspect, and store equipment, merchandise, commodities, materials, and supplies
· Inspect and maintain food quality, handling and safety standards
· Must be able to work various shifts including weekends and holidays depending on business needs
· Must have minimum of two years experience in production kitchen setting
· Must have Food Safe Certificate
· Knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Able to work and communicate with a diverse group of individuals and guests
· Posses the following strengths: exceptional leadership skills, high energy, motivational leader, couching skills, proven track record in high volume concept, effective communicator
- Must be already living in Canada, available to start work immediately and be proficient in spoken and written English.
Spend your summers in the fresh country air, or consider a career with us year round.
Krause Berry Farms offers a safe, fast paced, open air, family friendly environment.
Our goal is to create a cohesive team that has fun while working together
to provide Excellent Care to our guests and each other through Safety, Quality, Wow and being Efficient.
We warmly welcome happy people with big smiles and positive outlooks to join our team!