Posted 11 days ago
Are you a positive, high energy restaurant professional looking to work with others who share your love of food, unique dining experiences and passion for hospitality?
Under the guidance of the Executive Chef the Executive Sous Chef’s regular duties will include but are not limited to overseeing the daily restaurant operations including; scheduling, ordering, inventory management, training, managing and development of the back of house team, ensuring exceptional guest satisfaction and ensuring health and safety.
- Oversee culinary operation as part of the daily routine
- Ensure adherence to Food safe practices
- Ensure extreme kitchen cleanliness
- Help meet financial targets
- Work well under pressure, meeting production schedules and timelines for
- Develop and monitor standards of service to ensure that a high quality of
production and service is consistently maintained
- Mentor and develop cooks, encouraging staff to excel within the company
and the industry
- Conduct ongoing research of trends in the food industry
- Assist in the design of menu items
- Reinforce our values and inspiring the team with his/her exciting vision for
- Supervise and run kitchen operations in absence of the Executive Chef
- All other related duties as deemed
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of Mexican Cuisine an asset
- 2-3 years previous supervisory experience in a high volume, full service
- Proven leadership skills; people development, floor management, time
- Hands on experience training staff in providing top of the line dining
experience and developing standard operating procedures
- Proven passion and creativity for excellent customer service and hospitality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, positive attitude, excellent written
and verbal communication, professional appearance, grooming
This is a salaried position + gratuity.
Date Available: November 10th, 2019
Compensation: Salary plus gratuity
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: alejandro diaz
El Santo showcases both the diversity of Mexican food and the fresh, local, and sustainable ingredients of the West Coast in creative dishes and a welcoming dining room that will have you wanting to come back to enjoy the experience over and over again.
Since opening its doors in 2015 el Santo has prided itself on supporting local merchants and Executive Chef Sam Fabbro and Owner Alejandro Diaz share this passion. Both the bar program and food menu are a reflection of the fantastic ingredients of the Pacific Northwest, with a Mexican twist.
We are excited to announced that el Santo was recently awarded best Latin restaurant in Vancouver by Vancouver Magazine.