Posted 15 days ago
Xango is actively looking for a reliable and highly motivated individual to join their growing team as a Part-time Sushi Cook.
• Creating and preparing all types of sushi according to the menu
• Manage food preparation activities
• Coordinate with other staff members to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies
• Monitor food stock and place orders, as needed
• Recommend new, modern recipes
• Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of the shift
• Follow safety procedures and policies to ensure a safe environment
• Keep a clean and organized work space and maintaining a professional
• Ensure company and kitchen standards are met at all times
• Ensure quality of food and portion control
• Minimum of 1 year experience in preparing sushi
• Knife skills and good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques
• Coachable, reliable and has the “can do” attitude
• Be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work efficiently
• Concise communication skills and effective team player
• Must be innovative, detail oriented and quality conscious, always keeping updated on new trends in the hospitality industry
• Availability to work part-time (minimum 3 shifts) during business hours, including weekends and evenings and must be flexible in scheduling to accommodate business demands
• Must be able to legally work in Canada
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume. While we thank the applicants for their interest, please note that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Xango welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, recruitment and selection process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Date Available: September 23rd, 2019
Compensation: This will be determined based on level of experience
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Ivan
Located in the heart of Toronto’s Entertainment District, Arcane fuses sophisticated Baroque undertones with modern design and state-of-the-art sound, lighting and visual effects. With a 4K display spanning 30 feet across the interior as a backdrop for exotic performers, this venue is shrouded in mystery, laced with drama, and immediately captivating. Juxtaposed yet balanced in both design and atmosphere, Arcane can only be understood by few. The 8,000 square foot space contains an elegance that has permeated throughout Liberty Group’s illustrious portfolio. A bohemian-inspired lounge provides an unimposing chill upon entry, while the nightclub area accommodates a more upbeat vibe. Arcane also features a secluded 2,000 square foot patio that will serve as an oasis in the heart of the city.
Arcane offers an extensive selection of top-shelf spirits and signature cocktails by Liberty Group’s award-winning Corporate Mixologist, Oliver Stern. VIP bottle service areas also present a world-class experience for larger parties and groups.