Posted 7 days ago
Position:Junior Sous Chef
Location:2537 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4P 2H9 (Yonge St and Eglinton Ave. West)
BYBLOS brings the exciting flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean to diners in a progressively designed space. Dishes are carefully curated to showcase the regionally-specific spices and flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean seaboard. The restaurant is open for dinner and on weekends. BYBLOS is part of the ICONINK portfolio, a full-service international hospitality and lifestyle brand which takes inspiration from global cuisine and culture.
BYBLOS UPTOWN is currently hiring a JUNIOR SOUS CHEF to join our culinary team!
The JUNIOR SOUS CHEF will be responsible for overseeing and supervising food production. The JUNIOR SOUS CHEF plays a key role in supporting the restaurants vision for high quality food and ensures that it is produced and delivered, in a professional, safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the food production area
• Conduct and order food inventories as required
• Inspect deliveries, ensuring quality is to satisfaction
• Ensure production area is clean, organized and ‘”inspection” ready
• Provide effective leadership and direction - motivate and coach prep team
• Carry out on-going training to the high standards set by the Chef De Cuisine
• Understand and abide by the Health & Safety standards
• Follow all safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures; accountable for the cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment and stations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 1-2 years experience in similar role
• Excellent attention to detail with a creative flair
• Solid organizational and time management skills
• Ability to set production schedules and timelines to ensure sufficient par levels for service
• Must be energetic with a passion for food and a positive outlook
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
• Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism (i.e. punctuality, commitment to the job, well-groomed, mannerly, great team work etc.)
• Long periods of standing and walking is required
• Repetitive use of hands, dexterity, bending down
WHY WORK FOR US
• Competitive wages
• Medical/dental group benefits
• Great perks (Discounts to all ICONINK restaurants, discounted gym membership, etc.)
• Fun team and culture
• Training and development
• Professional growth opportunities
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Date Available: January 12th, 2020
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Byblos Uptown
Byblos brings the exciting flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean to diners in a progressively designed space.
Byblos represents a marriage of Eastern Mediterranean cuisine with strong influences from both traditional and local ingredients. Using time-honoured classic cooking techniques and modern methods, Executive Chef Ben Heaton has created dishes that showcase the regionally-specific spices and flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean seaboard. The menu is a true coastal and cultural mosaic, served family style in a convivial atmosphere.