Posted 20 days ago
We all strive to make a positive Impact for ourselves every day. At our core, everyone also wishes to make a positive Impact in our community. At Impact Kitchen we believe in it so much, that those very words are part of our core values! We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic people to join our kitchen team. At Impact, we provide and encourage all of our employees with both opportunities and support. We look forward to adding your energy to our team and helping us make a positive Impact everyday!
OVERVIEW OF POSITION - Prep Cook & Line Cook
As proper food handling and safety is of the utmost importance, a primary role of the prep and line cooks is to monitor sanitation, food quality, and food freshness. This position is highly physical; therefore, individuals must possess a strong level of physical stamina. Candidates must have previous kitchen experience and some formal culinary training is desirable. Ideal candidates are both efficient and effective employees who possess superior time management skills and communication skills, are team players, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
Reports to: Back of House Manager on Duty (BOH MOD)
- Preparation, production and execution of menu items and food quality standards according to detailed recipes and instructions
- Receiving and storage of deliveries as related to the commissary kitchen
- Effective storage, management, and safe rotation (FIFO) of all products
- Cleaning, sanitation and maintenance of kitchen equipment and food production spaces
- Strict adherence to company, municipal and provincial guidelines as they are related to food safety and safe workplace environments
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of kitchen experience in a QSR or similar environment with a general understanding of cooking fundamentals and practices
- Strong understanding of food safety and public health practices
- Ability to execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask when required
- Ability to communicate effectively, respectfully and work well with others in a team based setting
- Ability to lead in the points mentioned above
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Availability to work days, evenings, and weekends as business demands
- Food Handlers is an asset but not required
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS
WHY WORK AT IMPACT?
Grow with us! As Impact grows there will be new leadership opportunities, including salaried positions. We will always look to promote from within, providing mentorship and development along the way.
#TEAMIMPACT Calling all team players! We value all of our employees and recognize that we can accomplish so more when we work together.
Mission & Values Impact kitchen provides meaningful employment, from our nutritionally based menu and food philosophy, to our values that guide all aspects of the business
Vegan & Paleo - opportunity to learn more about these diets & nutrition in general
Team Perks include:
Tips shared equally between all hourly employees (BOH & FOH)
50% Discount on Impact brand purchases
Free Impact staff events
Date Available: December 2nd, 2019
Compensation: starts at $15/hour plus gratuity
Other Positions: Prep Cook, Quick Service Cook
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Elise DePasquale
Contact Position: HR Manager
Welcome to our newest and stunning Summerhill location! Located at the corner of Yonge and Alcorn (right across from the Summerhill station), this Impact Kitchen features a closed-in patio and upstairs event space. You will find the same full menu as our other two locations: whether you stop in for a coffee in the morning, grab a smoothie packed with antioxidants after a workout, or pull up a chair to connect with friends over a protein-packed meal for lunch or dinner, Impact Kitchen is your daily source of nourishment for your body, mind, and soul.