Posted 9 days ago
Impact Kitchen is growing and looking for an experienced Assistant Kitchen Manager to grow with us as part of our expansion! Impact Kitchen was founded on the belief that food has the power to shape our daily lives. That real, wholesome ingredients, prepared simply and with integrity, can provide us with the energy to take on the day with ambition and optimism.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The role of the Assistant Kitchen Manager is to support the Kitchen Manager in the running of all aspects of the kitchen operations. As an Assistant Kitchen Manager you will role model Impact Kitchen’s brand and values, maintain all of the restaurant's assets, generate excellent staff culture and ensure high guest satisfaction. This role works closely with the Kitchen manager in areas of people, equipment, cost of goods, cleanliness and excellent food execution.
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
- Run the kitchen, role model standards, dress code and operating practices
- Coach staff, spending time in each station
- Set the tone, and participate when possible, in the staff shift briefings
- Drive systems and standards on the concept through role modeling constantly and spot-checking procedures
- Garde Manger Quality control
- Accountable for supporting standards of cleanliness, timing, uniform, grooming, organization.
- Production, food quality and consistency
- Accurately orders and maintains inventory of all food products and monitors daily prep production of food
- Has knowledge and skill to train all kitchen positions, systems and use of equipment
- Ensures high level of cleanliness and repair of kitchen by supervising kitchen cleaning
- Manages daily labour costs in accordance with approved schedule
- Understands Catering sales process
- Daily systems check
- Staff relations, handle and staff issues, employment standards and corrective action
- Responsible to bring to the KM’s attention any serious disciplinary action including suspension, leaves and terminations.
- Understands COGs reporting, action planning and communication to team to decrease variances
- Accurately inventories food, proper FIFO and rotation practices
- Follow up with all action plans or initiatives around financial goals, people development and guest satisfaction.
- Supports achievement of budgets in the areas of food cost, labour cost and operation supplies cost
- Actively monitors all staff training
- Reviews R&M and Health and Safety items in the restaurant, maintains budget
- Weekly one on one with Kitchen Manager
- Establish and review par levels for prep, ordering and put in place action planning
- Waste log review, costing and action planning
- Brand ambassador of Impact Kitchen at all times
Qualified in all aspects of Back of the House leadership
Date Available: December 8th, 2019
Compensation: base salary + health benefits & paid sick days
Other Positions: Assistant Store Manager, Line Cook / Chef de Partie
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Elise DePasquale
Contact Position: HR Manager
Impact Kitchen was founded on the belief that food has the power to shape our daily lives. That real, wholesome ingredients, prepared simply and with integrity, can provide us with the energy to take on the day with ambition and optimism.
Our first Impact Kitchen location opened in 2015 in the up-and-coming wellness community of Corktown on King Street East, and built what has since become a hub for the community, a place where people come in for a quick bite or to linger with friends over a meal prepared by a team that prioritizes the health and well-being of its customers.