Posted 14 days ago
The Sales and Event Manager position for Casa Loma is a full-time dedicated position which requires outstanding client relationship skills, an eagerness to work as part of a large & diverse team and the savvy to sell our unique venue and services.
We are looking for a team player who excels at communicating effectively and efficiently with clients and colleagues, is highly organized with an enthusiasm for seeing a task to completion. Our ideal candidate is hospitality-focused and advocates for our clients to create luxury experiences from first contact to farewell.
• Responding to incoming inquiries
• Meeting with prospective and existing clients
• Quoting on prospective events
• Negotiating pricing & executing client booking contracts
• Cultivate strong client relationships/partnerships ensuring client satisfaction.
• Achieving all sales goals as it relates to personal productivity as agreed for the year and to meet/exceed company goal and budget.
Event Management Responsibilities:
• All Casa Loma Event Sales Managers are required to coordinate a minimum of 1 event per season to ensure you continue to hone your event execution skills and fully understand the components that come with coordinating events at the castle
Reporting & Leads Responsibilities:
• Submitting weekly activity and sales reports to the director of the department
• Updating the working ‘pipeline’ of potential clients and developing sales initiatives for proposal to the director and president to generate more corporate event interest
• Participate in regular team meetings in order to understand overall team progress, to review upcoming events, BEO (Banquet Event Orders) and gain information on venue updates and/or changes.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• The ability to work successfully and sustainably in a high-volume, fast paced office environment
• Must be a team player who is also able to work autonomously
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
• Sales driven attitude to generate maximum revenue
• Effective in understanding client needs and efficiently executing clear and concise quotes
• Able to deliver client based solutions according to customer needs
• A minimum of 2 years or more of event coordinating experience
• Hospitality degree or post-secondary education preferred however will consider equivalent relevant work experience
• Strong written & verbal English communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft-based programs & typing skills a must
• Experience with Caterease is an asset
• Available to work nights & weekends as required
Compensation will be based on experience & job performance
We thank all candidates for their interest in Liberty Group/Casa Loma, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
For over three decades the Liberty Entertainment Group, led by Nick Di Donato, has been redefining Toronto and Miami’s restaurant, nightlife and special event experience. As developers and operators of numerous landmark establishments the Liberty Entertainment Group has become recognized as one of the most successful and innovative companies in the industry.
Liberty Entertainment Group continues to gain success and acknowledgment for developing an impressive roster of unique venues. These venues include Toronto’s premier special event facilities; Casa Loma, Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex and Rosewater Room. Liberty Entertainment Group is also responsible for the development of Toronto’s most prolific restaurants including BlueBlood Steakhouse, Don Alfonso 1890, Xango – a new concept with Claudio Aprile opening in summer 2019 and three Cibo Wine Bar locations (King West, Yonge St and Yorkville), as well as the city’s most vibrant nightlife space – Arcane. In addition, Liberty Entertainment Group operates several international properties including the Coral Gables Country Club and Cibo Wine Bar in Coral Gables, Florida.
With over 500,000 square feet of hospitality space, the Liberty Entertainment Group caters to a diverse clientele of upwards of 1.75 million people per year including A list celebrities, sports personalities and industry leaders.