Posted 9 days ago
Real Sports is getting ready to relaunch and is looking for passionate cooks to join our team. We are currently hiring for 3rd cooks, 2nd cooks, lead cooks and chef de partie positions. Please note that pay is based on which position you are applying for.
Who we are
One of Canada's busiest restaurants
Passionate about training and developing talent from within our company
MLSE has just been recognized as Canada's Top Rated Workplace by Indeed
Who you are
A sports fan and a fan of great food
Positive, professional and eager to learn and grow
A self motivated team player
MLSE is one of North America’s leading providers of unimaginable experiences. We are the parent company of the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), and Toronto Marlies (AHL). Our talented group of professionals are accountable for delivering everything our teams need to win. At the end of the day, our mission is simple: bring the world to its feet.
As a valuable member of the Restaurants and Catering team, you will deliver winning service in a high-paced, high-volume environment. You will work under the direction of Lead Cook and/or Sous Chef, Chef, Manager or Supervisor to assist in the preparation of various food products.
• Gather, wash, cut, season, cook, and store quality ingredients in an efficient and effective manner.
• Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area in accordance with the Toronto Public Health Board.
• Maintain complete personal hygiene at all times while on duty, such as washing hands at all necessary times, wearing a clean, pressed uniform, and properly restraining hair.
• Ensure proper storage of all food ingredients in their respective areas, using proper rotation.
• Demonstrate correct use of all kitchen equipment, in a safe and sanitary manner.
• Maintain a high level of quality and consistency.
• Report all equipment problems and food product discrepancies to a Lead Cook and/or Sous Chef or Chef
• Perform other duties as delegated by Lead Cooks and/or Sous Chef or Chef.
• Ability to train co-workers on product knowledge, specs and Teamwork.
• Ability to direct and delegate tasks to co-workers
• Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
• Adhere to MLSE service standards and policies
• Food Handler Certification (Basics.fst, Toronto Public Health, or equivalent) is required
• Knife handling skills an asset
• Knowledge and skill level to work in a variety of kitchen locations.
• Willing to learn and apply standardized recipe specifications within a designated time frame.
• Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a team focused environment
• A winning attitude
Date Available: September 13th, 2019
Other Positions: Line Cook / Chef de Partie
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Anthony Davis
Contact Position: Chef De Cuisine
AT REAL SPORTS BAR & GRILL, OUR GAME IS YOUR GAME.
Experience the most thrilling match-ups played out in supersize at Real Sports Bar & Grill, where bigger the better is our mantra. Why? Because we’re derived from the dreams of sports fans like you who dared to want a more brilliant place to cheer for the good guys.
Watch the most exciting moments of your game pulse through our 39-foot HD Big Screen and 199 HD TVs. Sip over 50 beer selections from over 126 draught taps, including a rotating tap. Indulge in 10 award-winning wing flavours and 5 mouth-watering burgers.
Soak it all up in our 25,000 sqft of incredible atmosphere.
Conveniently located beside Air Canada Centre in the heart of the city’s sports and entertainment district, the energy at Real Sports Bar & Grill is amplified during any big game. We broadcast every sport played on the pitch, court or ice and it’s a guarantee you won’t miss a minute of action.
We’re the #1 sports bar in North America as voted by ESPN. Now you know why.