Posted 12 days ago
Assists in managing housekeeping functions and staff on a daily basis to ensure property guest rooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all housekeeping operations. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget. Responsible for inspecting areas of responsibilities and following up with a plan for improving results.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure the guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Supervises daily housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same with them.
• Schedule employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an âopen doorâ policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Review employee satsifaction results.
• Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Notification to Applicants: Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
Feel empowered by our smart and compelling location in Ontario's capital. Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel is a four-star hotel within walking distance of parks, corporate offices, clubs and world-class steakhouses. Take the Osgoode subway to CN Tower, our 350-meter landmark with a revolving restaurant in the clouds. Visit City Hall and Nathan Phillips Square with an effortless stroll across Queen Street. Our hotel boasts the largest indoor/outdoor pool in the city and the largest event space in the country, clocking in at more than 130,000 square feet. Join us for healthy breakfast spreads at BnB and cap a long day downtown at Shopsy's, our century-old eatery with tender ribs. Delicious options are available in your hotel room thanks to our in-room dining service. Relax with Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience and appreciate intuitive accommodations such as safes, coffee makers and lighted makeup mirrors. Select suites offer direct access to free full breakfasts at Club Lounge. Get the best in Toronto.