Posted 1 month ago
Provides a high level of property maintenance knowledge. Position has overall responsibility for maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Develops and implements strategies that will deliver products and services, which meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and employees while maximizing the financial performance. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Works with property and regional engineering leadership team to determine how Engineering is performing against budget and highlights areas of concern to leadership.
• Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
• Administers service contracts to support property needs.
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
• Coaches and supports engineering leadership team to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, heat, light and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
• Manages and controls heat, light and power.
• Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the property/brand’s business strategy.
• Develops and manages Engineering budget.
• Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
• Oversees execution of long term preventative maintenance and 10 year asset protection plans.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget.
• Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to owners in a proactive manner.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
Maintaining Engineering Standards
• Ensures compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
• Maintains property life safety systems (e.g., fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
• Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Monitors and manages the payroll function.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Participates in the development of department's capital expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
• Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
• Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques.
• Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as, heat, light, power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Utilizes employee feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
• Resolves guest problems and complaints.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the engineering operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: The St. Regis Toronto takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
Trendsetting and boundary-breaking, St. Regis marks its Canadian debut at the most coveted address in Toronto. Rising 65-stories above Canada’s international enclave for business and culture, The St. Regis Toronto introduces a new era of glamour in the heart of the city. Modern elegance and bespoke butler service unite amongst the city’s largest luxury guestrooms and suites, defining the new standard for luxury in Canada. Born of a distinctive legacy, iconic rituals and epicurean moments are uncovered and act as a crossroads where travellers and the city’s creative, social and entrepreneurial connoisseurs converge and connect.