Posted 29 days ago
Position: Junior Sous Chef
Location:280 Bloor St. West, Toronto ON, M5S 1V8
The Fortunate Fox is a hip gastropub located in the Kimpton Saint George Hotel that offers a familiar yet refreshing experience, putting you at ease while piquing your curiosity to stay and explore. We have created an elevated pub menu by making everything from scratch and pairing it with a large selection of local craft beers, great wine list and specialty cocktails.
The Fortunate Fox is currently hiring a Junior Sous Chef to join the Back of House management team!
The JUNIOR SOUS CHEF will be responsible for overseeing and supervising food production. The JUNIOR SOUS CHEF plays a key role in supporting the restaurants vision for high quality food and ensures that it is produced and delivered, in a professional, safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the food production area
• Conduct and order food inventories as required
• Inspect deliveries, ensuring quality is to satisfaction
• Ensure production area is clean, organized and ‘”inspection” ready
• Provide effective leadership and direction - motivate and coach prep team
• Carry out on-going training to the high standards set by the Chef De Cuisine
• Understand and abide by the Health & Safety standards
• Follow all safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures; accountable for the cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment and stations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 1-2 years experience in similar role
• Excellent attention to detail with a creative flair
• Solid organizational and time management skills
• Ability to set production schedules and timelines to ensure sufficient par levels for service
• Must be energetic with a passion for food and a positive outlook
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
• Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism (i.e. punctuality, commitment to the job, well-groomed, mannerly, great team work etc.)
• Long periods of standing and walking is required
• Repetitive use of hands, dexterity, bending down
WHY WORK FOR US
• Competitive wages
• Great perks (Discounts to all ICONINK restaurants, discounted gym membership, etc.)
• Fun team and culture
• Training and development
• Professional growth opportunities
The Fortunate Fox recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Date Available: October 21st, 2019
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Morgan
The Fortunate Fox is a hip gastropub located in Toronto’s Kimpton Hotel. We offer a familiar yet refreshing experience, putting you at ease while piquing your curiosity to stay and explore. We have created an elevated pub menu by making everything from scratch and pairing it with a large selection of local craft beers and cocktails.