Posted 12 days ago
Qool Eats and Que Smokehouse are looking for experienced hard-working, energetic, and enthusiastic individuals to join our dynamic team at two different concept kitchens. Each restaurant features different themes and menu styles. Individuals may be working between both locations just steps away from each other on vibrant Eglinton West, just east of Allen Road.
We are looking for a highly motivated Chef/Kitchen Manager who must be able to work closing, weekend, and holiday shifts. We cook from scratch, so we’re seeking experienced chefs who have a passion for cooking and who have high personal standards. You should apply if you are a team player, can follow menu standards meticulously and keep a neat and tidy work area - all while under typical pressure of working in a commercial kitchen. The candidate should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner and in accordance with our recipe specifications and standards of presentation.
- Preparing high quality dishes and spearhead menu development
- Ensuring portion controls, presentation specifications and consistency in plate presentation
- Provides supervision and guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards; ensures that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Oversee and organize food inventory and control, using a first in/first out system ensuring product quality and freshness and in properly receiving and storing delivered items.
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervising, hiring, scheduling, and training BOH staff as necessary
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines. Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines.
- Schedule and oversee necessary kitchen maintenance, assist with menu changes and adjustments based on seasonal availability.
Practices correct food handling and food storage procedures according to company and state regulations
- Proven experience as a kitchen manager, preferably with experience in traditional BBQ cooking and/or Pizza/Mediterranean cuisine.
- Experience delegating tasks and maintaining fast speed of service.
- Hands on experience with various kitchen equipment (i.e. grills, roasters, smokers, etc).
- Ability to work under pressure and undertake various tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent time management skills and a team leader.
- Availability to work days, evenings, and weekends as business demands
- 5+ years in a fast-paced culinary environment, 2+ years in kitchen/restaurant management
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
Valid food handler certification is required at the time of interview. Those holding expired certificates will not be considered. For those working abroad in Canada, a valid work visa permit is also required.
Date Available: November 1st, 2019
Compensation: $39000-$46000 annual salary
Requirements: Food Safe Level 1, Food Safe Level 2, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Alden Mamann
BBQ and smokehouse with attitude. Southern inspired comfort food. Think short ribs, fried chicken and waffles, nachos, wings and burgers. Beer on tap. Soon to be joined by our sister dairy location, Qool.